What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone free to play in 2023

NRL have given us a hospital pass but that's the rules. I think we pick him in 2nds this week. If we don't use him his manager who looks after Bud and others will cause us trouble. Morally he should be sacked but we know he will be at another club within a week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Buds position to lose - Amone can take Mbye's spot at 14, all in on Bud, still think he offers more and we can't have two rookies in the halves.
Both Amone and Sullivan played well the last time we played the Titans. In a way they are still a little green but in my opinion, it wont take long for them to shine IF they get plenty of game time together in first grade.

Dragon David

First Grade
Unfortunately with the total crap recruitment of forwards will this make any difference?
Yes, my biggest concern for the year is the lack of forward power that we need to take control of games up the middle and on the edges. Once we can get those guys, not the Woods type but the NAS type, then we will have a chance to make a grand final which should be the aim of the club.

possm

Coach
Amone should be presumed innocent unless the legal system finds otherwise, Any suggestion to stand Amone down would cause unrest within the squad.

The prosecution must have found something in their evidence that warranted their change of direction.

I'd say, the only way to avoid situations like this is to:
1. Have players contracted to the NRL rather than to Clubs.
2. Have Clubs rent players from the NRL under a salary cap system.
3. Have Clubs, through an auction process, select players to rent form the NRL.
4. Have all new players (mainly development players) contracted by the NRL and the junior development Club compensated for their work.

Amone should be presumed innocent unless the legal system finds otherwise, Any suggestion to stand Amone down would cause unrest within the squad.

The prosecution must have found something in their evidence that warranted their change of direction.

I'd say, the only way to avoid situations like this is to:
1. Have players contracted to the NRL rather than to Clubs.
2. Have Clubs rent players from the NRL under a salary cap system.
3. Have Clubs, through an auction process, select players to rent form the NRL.
4. Have all new players (mainly development players) contracted by the NRL and the junior development Club compensated for their work.
The NRL Rent Boys?

dragon thomo

Juniors
I don't agree this time Possm, yes I normally believe in presumption of innocence but surely no-one could mistake it if someone was allegedly chasing a person with a hammer.

Latest posts