What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

junior kangaroos defeat png kumuls

dimitri

First Grade
the roos beat the kumuls

22-18

a pretty good result from the kumuls i reckon considering they wouldnt have had their top side

and the roos contained many many first graders

Misanthrope

Staff member
PNG wouldn've been without Lam, wouldn't they? He alone would have lifted them enough for a win there.

It's good to see the Kumuls performing against a side which, albeit junior, is still full of stars.

Congrats to PNG. Is it possible to get score details anywhere?

Chris

ali

Bench
Aus scored right on the bell to win. Creagh got a double and Bird scored as well. PNG would have been without most of their stars, including Lam, Bai and Stanley Gene. They were captained by John Wilshire who is one of only a couple of players who will play in both games for PNG. The PNG side for the game in Port Moresby will be mostly local players.

Crowd aprox 1500

In-goal

Bench
It's been a fair while since P.N.G. have played away from home, good to see them put in a good performance

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gee thats a pretty good effort for PNG, against a team with NRL first graders, and without star players like Lam, Bai and Gene. A bit unlucky they lost on the bell, but heads up they did alright. They seem to get better and better in RL.

btw Tidus_Raider Ive got the Australian team:

Steve Turner
Nick Parfitt
Ashley Alberts
Lopini Paea
Ben Creagh
Greg Bird [c]
Steve Goodhew
Michael Weyman
Matt Ballin
Ashton Sims
Trevor Hurling
Ryan Hoffman

Int:
Liam Fulton
Sam Thaiday
Antonio Kaufusi
Neville Costigan
Terry Campese
Michael Ennis (two to be omitted)

not sure what the PNG team was but it was definatley captained by John Wilshere.

ali

Bench
And PNG wanted Costigen in their side. They had been guarenteed by the ARL that they could pick him and then the ARL went and picked him. :roll:

dimitri

First Grade
Gee thats a pretty good effort for PNG, against a team with NRL first graders, and without star players like Lam, Bai and Gene. A bit unlucky they lost on the bell, but heads up they did alright. They seem to get better and better in RL.

i totally agree

without their stars

that is an excellent result for the kumuls

The Observer

Staff member
ali said:
And PNG wanted Costigen in their side. They had been guarenteed by the ARL that they could pick him and then the ARL went and picked him. :roll:

How'd you hear about that? Was this reported anywhere?

Mango

Juniors
What was the size of the crowd. It was awesome....Ali posted it was about one thousand five hundred. It is a HUGE game in PNG :D

iggy plop

First Grade
Mango said:
What was the size of the crowd. It was awesome....Ali posted it was about one thousand five hundred. It is a HUGE game in PNG :D

The junior Roos were mobbed as if they were movie stars. Big game up there.

knights 2004

Juniors
the 1st game was in northen territory wasnt it?
and the 2nd was in port moresby

so wat was the crowd for the NT game?
and the other one for that matter

ouwet

Bench
Mango said:

That was the crowd for the game in Darwin.

ali

Bench
Joker said:
ali said:

How'd you hear about that? Was this reported anywhere?

If it wasn't in one of the articles you posted then I'm not sure where I read it. But it was the first time I'd heard this Costigan kid is actually of PNG origin.

ali

Bench
BTW from the link in the article Joker posted the other day, there was a photo. I'd say the crowd was in Port Moresby was close to capacity, as you would expect for PNG.