What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior kangaroos

stg666

Juniors
a big congratulations to the three young dragons who have made the squad. jack bird , drew hutchison and euan aitkin . benifits of playing very well over the whole year. well done fellas.
:D

Country Dragon

Juniors
a big congratulations to the three young dragons who have made the squad. jack bird , drew hutchison and euan aitkin . benifits of playing very well over the whole year. well done fellas.
:D

Only two Dragons now, other bloke can please himself!

TheRev

First Grade
No Dragons players selected in the Prime Minister's Xlll.
All 3 were unavailable iirc (2 in hospital!), only Brett would really deserve a rep spot imo, Duges not even close, Merrin a maybe because he has experience.

Highland Saint

Juniors
All 3 were unavailable iirc (2 in hospital!), only Brett would really deserve a rep spot imo, Duges not even close, Merrin a maybe because he has experience.

I believe Duges was also eliminated due to a broken finger from the Newcastle game

watatank

Coach
Its a train on squad and all three are a decent chance to make the final cut

Hopefully the club extends aitkens contract

hardbaby

Coach
Great news. Nice to see some talent coming through the ranks. I do think the coaching at lesser levels has improved this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
final squad announced today & game is Fox Sports 3 from 5pm Sydney time ( Saturday October 18 )

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/10/06/dragons_trio_named_in_junior_kangaroos_squad.html

Dragons Trio Named In Junior Kangaroos Squad

Mon 6th October, 12:00PM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons National Youth Competition team trio Euan Aitken, Jack Bird and Drew Hutchison have all been named in the Junior Kangaroos squad on Monday.

The Dragons trio are part of an 18-man squad named by Head Coach Kelly Egan to face the Junior Kiwis at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland on Saturday, October 18.

1. Clint Gutherson (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
2. Nene Macdonald (Sydney Roosters)
3. Waqa Blake (Penrith Panthers)
4. Euan Aitken (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)
6. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra Dragons)
7. Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)
8. Matthew Lodge (Wests Tigers)
9. Cameron McInnes (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Joe Ofahengaue (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Patrick Mago (Canberra Raiders)
12. Tevita Pangai (Canberra Raiders)
13. Kelepi Tanginoa (Parramatta Eels)
14. Jack Bird (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Willis Meehan (Sydney Roosters)
16. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
17. Andy Saunders (Penrith Panthers)
18. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters)

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Great to see the young blokes making the Aussie team but...

Gutherson, MacDonald, Mamo, Lodge, McInnes, Tanginoa, Meehan and Hastings have all made their NRL debuts. Why is it that some of our best young players aren't given a similar opportunity?

TheRev

First Grade
Great to see the young blokes making the Aussie team but...

Gutherson, MacDonald, Mamo, Lodge, McInnes, Tanginoa, Meehan and Hastings have all made their NRL debuts. Why is it that some of our best young players aren't given a similar opportunity?
I believe it was due to Price constantly worrying about short term wins, he just didn't place an importance in blooding juniors for longterm benefit.

At this stage we don't know what we will get under Mary, although I loathed his selection of Stanley @9, I rate the reasoning, which was that blokes performing at lower grades need to be rewarded. In reality I suspect it was as much about getting him game time/visibility so that he could be offloaded, but still!

Mr Red

First Grade
I loathed his selection of Stanley @9, I rate the reasoning, which was that blokes performing at lower grades need to be rewarded. In reality I suspect it was as much about getting him game time/visibility so that he could be offloaded, but still!

i thought the opposite actually.
i thought it was Mary giving the "golden child" once last chance to impress in first grade in order to have some sort of proof that he is worth keeping ...

nrlnrl

First Grade
just a reminder the Junior Kiwi v Junior Kangaroos is LIVE on Fox Sports 2 at 5pm AEDT via red button option or on Fox Sports 3 at 8pm AEDT

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Pretty good team but I think the Junior Kiwis have a stronger team. Stronger pack and more flair out wide. It will b good game though

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Awesome game, Young guys having a go at every opportunity. But please someone answer this, why is everyone saying AFB isn't ready for 1st grade? He was absolutely amazing for the JKs tonight, BIG STRONG and heaps of MONGREL, I would pick him in the 1st couple of trial games at the start of next season to get him used to it. HE IS READY FOR 1ST GRADE, fitness and reading of the game will come as he plays more at the top level.

love my saints

Juniors
Definetly got mongrel... but still a bit lazy.
need alot of fitness work imo before he plays first grade.
but i must say, he has a good offload on him, and picks and chooses his off loads, impressive for someone still so young!!!

BennyV

Referee
Awesome game, Young guys having a go at every opportunity. But please someone answer this, why is everyone saying AFB isn't ready for 1st grade? He was absolutely amazing for the JKs tonight, BIG STRONG and heaps of MONGREL, I would pick him in the 1st couple of trial games at the start of next season to get him used to it. HE IS READY FOR 1ST GRADE, fitness and reading of the game will come as he plays more at the top level.

Because hes 19 f**king years old...all well and good to have that mongrel and skill against other kids, but try coming up against the James Graham, Matt Scott and Andrew Fifitas of the game.

Give him a game or two late in the season, but dont pin your hopes on him making an impact in the top grade.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Definetly got mongrel... but still a bit lazy.
need alot of fitness work imo before he plays first grade.
but i must say, he has a good offload on him, and picks and chooses his off loads, impressive for someone still so young!!!

Dan Hunt is Lazy AND SOFT, so I would most definitely pick this young bull with his aggression and size over the over-paid over hyped Hunt.

He maybe lazy and not 1st grade fit but that will come with time. Guys like Ben Creagh will be perfect for him as they are the opposite sort of player, Long minutes but lack mongrel.

EDIT; BENNY V, No one said that to D Klemmer,Meehan ,Pauli Pauli and Junior Paulo, they didn't really mind playing against James Graham, matter of fact he ran him over in one of the games they played this year, That point is irrelevant.

I don't expect him to make a impact on 1st grade I just want him to get a chance to prove he is already better then our Marquee prop HUNT.

Age don't mean shit these days mate, look at matautia in the aussie team, already deemed better then Mansour and a lot of other wingers that are OLDER then him.

Last edited:

Latest posts