What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Players

Livebynight

Juniors
I remember reading about Michael Dobson, in the Daily Telegraph around about a year or maybe even two years ago now. I think his name was michael, im certian his last name is dobson though.
Anyway the article was about how people expected him to be the next Laurie Daley and people who where around daley at the same age said this kid was just as good.

Where is he? On the odd occasion i look up the reserve and flegg team i never see a mention of him. Did he burn out? Or never lived upto the hype? All the talk is about Carney now and to a lesser extent Campo.

Just wondering if Dobson ever player much or is he still really young?

He seems to be very injury prone. He plays a few weeks in Flegg and then disappears for a few weeks.

William Zillman is just as good from what I've seen of him... player of the future for sure.

Bugger, I shouldn't have said that, now the Roosters will poach him like they did Soward........

greeneyed

First Grade
Both Dobson and Zillman are no doubt future stars, playing very well in the Flegg team. Dobson has been out a bit with injury though this season. Zillman was electric on Saturday afternoon.

Livebynight

Juniors
Oh thanks for sheding some light onto this. I posted it back in the days of rleague but know one replied to it then.

So Dobson is pretty young? 17-18?

How old is Carney 18? Carney looks good from what ive seen of him coming off the bench. It a wonder he doesnt get a bit more game time at 5/8 and take over from gafa a bit more.

If we can keep players like this for alot longer/if not their whole career we could be back to the glory days. We need players to fill the void until then though :(

Im a big fan of monas but of course i wont like him as much when he goes to roosters. His defence was always a bit weak though. Will be interesting to see what happens when he goes.

Raider Azz

Bench
Nah, Carney's a halfback, I'd rather play him there. Gafa to the wing/centre, Mclinden to 5/8, Carney to halfback, Mongahan to West Belconnen U9s.

Raider_69

Post Whore
you think it angrys your blood earl
we are spewing
they offered him and weymen fist fulls of cash, thankfully weymen is a loyal man, i honestly see him as our next muss/toots type :clap: :clap: :clap:

thickos

First Grade
Weyman has said publicly he wants to captain the Raiders one day.

God bless that loyal kid, others could learn from his example :clap:

Mal Meninga

Bench
Dobson played in the NSW championships the other week, kicking goals primarily and scoring trys every now and then.

I can see Weyman putting on the green and gold, our version of Webcke.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Outta my Weyman, is a legend. He had a blinder on saturday scoring a hat-trick... albeit against the bears, but still... It makes me so happy that he's a loyal man, and I really expect big things from him in the near future. what a champ

Latest posts