What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sa'u

andrew057

First Grade
Sa'u is a decent player, but worth $250k? Doubt it.

If the Eels were interested in a back at that sort of money it should be William Hoppoate.

Delboy

First Grade
No 7 is our weakest position and it is the one that you have to nail to get results.

As I said before, Storm play with two 7s, Smith and Cronk interchange and they are both rep quality, that is how they bring the rest of the side forward, big boppers and then 2 smart 7s distributing and running the ball.

We have the slowest 7 ( by a long way) and an out of form 6 who needs someone inside to create, throw whatever we need at a 7 and then build around that. Unfortunately , don't think there are experienced 7s out there

mickdo

Coach
We should by all means talk to other players, but I think we need to secure a new half first (unless we have so much cap room that we can afford to pick up other players ahead of that)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You know that as a fact do you???:roll:

Tell me then what is his "right" price?

screen1.jpg

Euphoria85

Juniors
the eels board should do everything they can do to get de gois and sa'u over to parra... they are great players and will add strike power to the mighty eels!

84 Baby

Referee
What about Gidley? I know Tinkler will throw billions at him. But if Knights sign Boyd and Ennis, then it becomes a 3 way tussle in the halves between Henry (2013), Mullen (2014) and Gidley (this year). I guess Gidley could also play lock or centre. May be worth asking the question seeing how thin free agent halves are for this year

MrT

Juniors
You guys read the news about Ennis going to Knights next season?
I thought De Gois recently re-signed. In any case i think Dogs will be all over De Gois if Ennis leaves

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sa'u is a decent player, but worth $250k? Doubt it.

Uhhh....

Sau is an international center. He's incredibly hard to tackle out wide and has fantastic speed to go with his bowling ball anatomy.
I dunno if he sux defensively? But I haven't noticed him being awful (don't watch enough Knights to make a highly educated comment there)

250k for a quality center is very fair. The Panthers are paying Tahu $300k (ish) - I think Sau is a better player. To get him for less money wouldn't be bad at all...

Plus the following article makes him a special for the eels doesn't it?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...aving-girls-life/story-fn2mcuj6-1225744546227

BigErn

Juniors
Imagine getting Mullen.
Would love that.
Can't wait to see what scraps are offered out of the Newcastle takeover.
There are some quality buys in that squad.
As long as we steer clear of that goose Ben Rogers.

Eels Dude

Coach
We should by all means talk to other players, but I think we need to secure a new half first (unless we have so much cap room that we can afford to pick up other players ahead of that)

We did that last year but ended up signing no-one... so wasted that cap space on useless has beens like Webb, Walker, Hicks, Whats etc.

So while I agree a half should be first priority, we can't just sit on our hands not signing players in other positions needed, otherwise it will just be recruitment drive 2010 all over again.

DeanPay98

Juniors
De Gois is ok, but MK will be back and McGuire may play again next year...

I will get bashed for this, but i am going to lay it on the line....i have always had my doubts over Ant Mitchell and i still do. He lacks size and is a liability in defence, i mean realistically Morts is a better defender than him in what i have seen so far...!!! He also to me - seems to lack vision and patience at dummy-half, which are much needed assets at that position

i say he is overrated and so far MH, DA and SK seem to have agreed
not trying to death ride the bloke, if he can bounce back from this latest apparent demotion and prove me wrong, no one would be happier, but at the moment, i don't share all the man-love for him....????

ps. i have been frustrated with MK last year and even the start of this year, but always had faith that he is a good first grade footballer. Can't believe some of the bashing he has copped over the last say 12 months on this site...and the irony is as soon as he had that good game against the Cowboys, everyone was on his sack again suddenly, typical!?!

real shame his dog went the chew on his hand....

I have similar concerns. Mitchell's main asset is his speed atm.

andrew057

First Grade
Uhhh....

Sau is an international center. He's incredibly hard to tackle out wide and has fantastic speed to go with his bowling ball anatomy.
I dunno if he sux defensively? But I haven't noticed him being awful (don't watch enough Knights to make a highly educated comment there)

250k for a quality center is very fair. The Panthers are paying Tahu $300k (ish) - I think Sau is a better player. To get him for less money wouldn't be bad at all...

Plus the following article makes him a special for the eels doesn't it?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...aving-girls-life/story-fn2mcuj6-1225744546227

I highly doubt Tahu is on anything near 300k a season from the Panthers. No club in the NRL wanted him and Panthers threw him a life line, a 300k life line? Thats laughable. Care to provide a source?

Sau is definitely better than Tahu, but thats not saying much. Hes a good solid player, nothing more. Theres a reason the Knights arent willing to give him $250k.

Theres a lot worse players out there, Im just saying the money would be better spent on a player like Hoppoate.

Latest posts