What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sa'u

eel01s

Bench
I think we should look at Isaac De Gois as well. Shame we already signed Matt Keating, but then again Maguire may not be around next season.

I think we should go for Sau.

Delboy

First Grade
Well, we all have a view iof the right price, sometimes to set the ball rollong on recruitment you need to get the first signing done.

Remember Piggy, announced early and set the tone

Hope that we get a couple on board and others follow, having said that we need to make sure we keep the right players currently at the club too, no point being under the cap as we discovered this year when the cupboard was bare when the new coach sat down

True EEL

Bench
But where will Ryan Morgan play?

ha ha, now that made me LOL, nice ;-)

seriously, Junior Sau is a gun....there was talk we were chasing him and i hope so as i think he is good now and can still develop into an even better player. There was also talk about us chasing Junior Vaivai from Souths and he would be good too, hey just one 'Junior' even :p

Mickyd39

Juniors
I think we should look at Isaac De Gois as well. Shame we already signed Matt Keating, but then again Maguire may not be around next season.

I think we should go for Sau.

I agree about De Gois, i think he is a very good player

True EEL

Bench
De Gois is ok, but MK will be back and McGuire may play again next year...

I will get bashed for this, but i am going to lay it on the line....i have always had my doubts over Ant Mitchell and i still do. He lacks size and is a liability in defence, i mean realistically Morts is a better defender than him in what i have seen so far...!!! He also to me - seems to lack vision and patience at dummy-half, which are much needed assets at that position

i say he is overrated and so far MH, DA and SK seem to have agreed
not trying to death ride the bloke, if he can bounce back from this latest apparent demotion and prove me wrong, no one would be happier, but at the moment, i don't share all the man-love for him....????

ps. i have been frustrated with MK last year and even the start of this year, but always had faith that he is a good first grade footballer. Can't believe some of the bashing he has copped over the last say 12 months on this site...and the irony is as soon as he had that good game against the Cowboys, everyone was on his sack again suddenly, typical!?!

real shame his dog went the chew on his hand....

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
De Gois is ok, but MK will be back and McGuire may play again next year...

I will get bashed for this, but i am going to lay it on the line....i have always had my doubts over Ant Mitchell and i still do. He lacks size and is a liability in defence, i mean realistically Morts is a better defender than him in what i have seen so far...!!! He also to me - seems to lack vision and patience at dummy-half, which are much needed assets at that position

i say he is overrated and so far MH, DA and SK seem to have agreed
not trying to death ride the bloke, if he can bounce back from this latest apparent demotion and prove me wrong, no one would be happier, but at the moment, i don't share all the man-love for him....????

ps. i have been frustrated with MK last year and even the start of this year, but always had faith that he is a good first grade footballer. Can't believe some of the bashing he has copped over the last say 12 months on this site...and the irony is as soon as he had that good game against the Cowboys, everyone was on his sack again suddenly, typical!?!

real shame his dog went the chew on his hand....

I was going to post something similar. I too have been a great fan of Mitchell but on the back of MK's last performance I believe Keating may have his measure. I see Mitchell going to the Titans or the Cowboys next season.

True EEL

Bench
I was going to post something similar. I too have been a great fan of Mitchell but on the back of MK's last performance I believe Keating may have his measure. I see Mitchell going to the Titans or the Cowboys next season.

yeah, those are distinct possibilites for Mitchell.......and i think long-term MK is the man for us @ 9
will be interesting to see how well Casey comes back and to see what is the right fit for us in terms of who starts....probably MK, he is so solid at the start of games and then Casey could rattle some tired defences later in games

hmm, however, if i get my wish of Jarryd at 6, Robson (and perhaps to a lesser extent Morts) could well become other contenders at hooker???

Thanks but get me a half first. There are some young blokes playing out side good halves / fullback at the storm at the moment. Centres, Wingers, are all interchangeable if you have a good set of halves. 1, 6, 7, and 9. I personally think we need to fill the 7 and have Casey teach Anthony how to be an 80 minute 9.

Latest posts