What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Test match

Son of Minto

Bench
2015 Junior Kangaroos
1 Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters)
2 Brenko Lee (Canberra Raiders)
3 Robert Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
4 Euan Aitken (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5 Valentine Holmes (Cronulla Sharks)
6 Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra Dragons)
7 Ashley Taylor (Brisbane Broncos)
8 Joe Ofahengaue (Brisbane Broncos)
9 Jayden Berrell (Brisbane Broncos)
10 Matthew Lodge (Wests Tigers)
11 Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys)
12 Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)
13 Tevita Pangai Junior (Canberra Raiders)

14 Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta Eels)
15 Salesi Funaki (Wests Tigers)
16 Jayden Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos)
17 Alex Twal (Parramatta Eels)
18 Jai Arrow (Brisbane Broncos)

Coach: Justin Holbrook (Sydney Roosters)

2015 Junior Kiwis
Bunty Afoa (NZ Warriors), Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm), Zach Dockar-Clay (Parramatta Eels), James Fisher-Harris (Penrith Panthers), Watson Heleta (Wests Tigers), Jamayne Isaako (Cronulla Sharks), Sione Katoa (Penrith Panthers), Daniel Levi (Newcastle Knights), Lamar Liolevave (Wests Tigers), Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters), Te Maire Martin (Wests Tigers), Taane Milne (Sydney Roosters), Marata Niukore (NZ Warriors), Toafofoa Sipley (N Warriors), Jazz Tevaga (NZ Warriors), Renouf To’omaga (Canterbury Bulldogs), Tony Tumusa (Melbourne Storm) and Braden Uele (North Queensland Cowboys).

Last edited:

Son of Minto

Bench
Trbojevic is injured, Meehan is in rehab, Bird is playing for Country. Mata'utia, not sure, rested? Didnt expect Mitchell to get picked.

Nifty

Juniors
Mitchell isn't dominating the 20s at this stage, still young. I would have put his team mate Aussie Schoolboy winger Charlie Taylor there, going great guns for the Roosters, plenty of speed. I can't believe they have Hastings at fullback

drago brelli

Bench
Mitchell isn't dominating the 20s at this stage, still young. I would have put his team mate Aussie Schoolboy winger Charlie Taylor there, going great guns for the Roosters, plenty of speed. I can't believe they have Hastings at fullback

Hastings can play 1,6,7,13 and 9. Great talent and he wants to play first grade. It may not be at Easts.

Nifty

Juniors
I wonder if his old man helped. There are 2 good fullbacks ahead of him at the Roosters 20s and he gets picked to play fullback in Junior Kangeroos. He is playing hooker, half. Gould is one selector and the Panthers is rumored to want him as reports Maloney will be signing with Roosters next week

Last edited:

Nifty

Juniors
Hastings can play 1,6,7,13 and 9. Great talent and he wants to play first grade. It may not be at Easts.

Hastings best position is 7. He is not a fullback. Its a wonder he hasn't got the numbers 2, 5, 8, 10 and the rest just so he can cover every position available. The Roosters will be signing Maloney this week. :p :D

Last edited:

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
I'm not a fan of Hastings at all. Doesn't run the ball to the line enough. Watched the game on the weekend and saints got smashed, but it was the roosters 5/8 who dominated and looks an outstanding talent

junior fan

Juniors
It's an outstanding team would have to be close to the best we have put together, definitely for some time. I think the selectors were saved some headaches with the injuries to Mata'utia and Trbojevic. That would have no doubt forced a shift for Hastings to 7 or 9.

In regards Connor Watson, the Roosters 6 he definitely has some potential, reminds me of a young Maloney type. Latrell will get his opportunity next year while Taylor isn't up to the level of those selected.

Nifty

Juniors
It's an outstanding team would have to be close to the best we have put together, definitely for some time. I think the selectors were saved some headaches with the injuries to Mata'utia and Trbojevic. That would have no doubt forced a shift for Hastings to 7 or 9.

In regards Connor Watson, the Roosters 6 he definitely has some potential, reminds me of a young Maloney type. Latrell will get his opportunity next year while Taylor isn't up to the level of those selected.

Connor Watson has the goods, is a great little player. Mitchell isn't up there with Tom Trbojevic and Tom will be the fullback next year. Taylor is a gun, scored a length of field try a few weeks back, lightning fast, tough, has the package. Aussie schoolboy definitely up to it and should have been picked ahead of Hastings as fullback, saying that Holmes on the wing instead of fullback is crazy too :crazy:

Last edited:

junior fan

Juniors
Connor Watson has the goods, is a great little player. Mitchell isn't up there with Tom Trbojevic and Tom will be the fullback next year. Taylor is a gun, scored a length of field try a few weeks back, lightning fast, tough, has the package. Aussie schoolboy definitely up to it and should have been picked ahead of Hastings as fullback, saying that Holmes on the wing instead of fullback is crazy too :crazy:

Also forgot Alex Johnston is age eligible although his ascension to the Oz squad is a credit to him. Holmes definitely should be at FB. Other than that I would have gone for French from Parra or Dufty from St. George both outstanding fullbacks with x-factor. There would be a few ahead of Taylor even though he is a good little player. Players like Morgan from the Dogs ,Davis- Parramatta, Ramien - Manly and Olive - Souths would be more deserving of an outside back position should Holmes have been selected at FB.

Nifty

Juniors
Also forgot Alex Johnston is age eligible although his ascension to the Oz squad is a credit to him. Holmes definitely should be at FB. Other than that I would have gone for French from Parra or Dufty from St. George both outstanding fullbacks with x-factor. There would be a few ahead of Taylor even though he is a good little player. Players like Morgan from the Dogs ,Davis- Parramatta, Ramien - Manly and Olive - Souths would be more deserving of an outside back position should Holmes have been selected at FB.

I would definitely have had Taylor in there, or for NSW, the roosters have great action photos of him and others on their NYC site, hearing he is on a first grade contract for next year, but selectors have gone with players who have had first grade experience now. Davis I have been watching isn't in form, lost some speed, his best position is at centre. Ramien not yet for this. Politics unfortunately plays a big part as well :x

Latest posts