What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Test match

junior fan

Juniors
Gideon Mosby is having a better year than most backs named on this page. 12 tries in 8 games.

Haven't seen a lot of Gideon I hear he is playing well, just going to need to put on a little more size IMO. French since moving to FB has 5 tries in 2 games and while not massive seems to have bulked up in the offseason.

Hard to go past those with NRL experience, don't give any credence to a players contract. Don't think Taylor will get a NSW gig later in the year unless multiple injuries strike and he keeps improving.

Son of Minto

Bench
Hastings was terrible. Constantly getting in the way and disrupting every Kangaroos attack, useless while he was at fullback. Overrated.

Nifty

Juniors
Hastings was terrible. Constantly getting in the way and disrupting every Kangaroos attack, useless while he was at fullback. Overrated.

I couldn't believe he got into the team and then as fullback. He should have been on the bench at best. Rep football stinks at times so much Political sh**t. Other good players miss out. He has too much ego he is on the nose with a lot of players, throwing the surname around too much

junior fan

Juniors
Taylor definitely proved his worth at 7 except for one miss for the first NZ try he was excellent. Thought Hastings went better at 9 than 1. Holmes should definitely been given the nod originally at FB. In saying that he had greater influence on the wing, his attempt on the NZ winger for their last try wasn't great, although he is a great talent would have had more influence if he started at the back. Hutchinson was disappointing. His all round game wasn't up to that of Taylor or the NZ halves. Jennings looked good whenever he got a touch. Moeroa caused nightmares for the NZ centre Milne. The front row were workmanlike and definitely laid the platform. I was impressed with arrow and his work rate. Lodge works hard but can get a bit sideways at times. Twal provided good go forward. Lee was strong also on the wing. Well done to all involved on a great win.

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
Had no idea Jackson Hastings was such a wanker. A disgrace to the jersey.

What did he do ?

I was very surprised when he was selected in the junior kangaroos I don't think he is good enough. Especially when the 1, 6 and 9 at the Roosters are all better than him.

Nifty

Juniors
What did he do ?

I was very surprised when he was selected in the junior kangaroos I don't think he is good enough. Especially when the 1, 6 and 9 at the Roosters are all better than him.

You know what rep selection is like it gets political and in most cases, Its not what you know But who you know !

Last edited:

junior fan

Juniors
You know what rep selection is like it gets political. Rugby its worse. I like 6 for Roosters but with the games I have seen needs to pass a bit more, a great talented little player but does hold the ball too much at times and the ball doesn't get out enough. Mitchell is talented only young has another 2 years at this level and I am sure he will do well. Taylor can play anywhere in the backline, left and right side, tough, low hard tackler could even play as a lock, is lightening quick, a great try finisher but needs more ball to get out into his hands if the Roosters want him at wing, otherwise being wasted. Because of his wide versatility, I would have had him somewhere in the junior kangaroo team as he can cover a lot of positions well. Plenty of opportunities though for younger guys at clubs with some of the older players coming to an end in rep footy. We need the city / country games to remain strong to give opportunities for younger players coming through in all clubs

Think you are being harsh on Connor. Saw last game and putting 50 on a decent dragons side was very impressive. Given he scored 3 and I think all the other outside backs also crossed suggests he knows when to pass and when to run.

Mitchell will more than likely be pushing first grade next year. Sg ball player of the year a year young is a pretty good sign as well as just about every rep honour available his biggest obstacle is the possible purchase of Johnston from Souths as well as those players like Nene, Elliot, Milne, Manu and Momorovski. He will be the NSW 18s fullback and an outside chance at NSW 20s except for the considerable NRL talent in the NSW backline.

Taylor would be a long shot at NSW. IMO he isn't in the top 4 outside backs in his team. With NZ reps Milne and Manu as well as Momorovski and Mitchell better players.

Last edited:

Nifty

Juniors
Think you are being harsh on Connor. Saw last game and putting 50 on a decent dragons side was very impressive. Given he scored 3 and I think all the other outside backs also crossed suggests he knows when to pass and when to run.

Mitchell will more than likely be pushing first grade next year. Sg ball player of the year a year young is a pretty good sign as well as just about every rep honour available his biggest obstacle is the possible purchase of Johnston from Souths as well as those players like Nene, Elliot, Milne, Manu and Momorovski. He will be the NSW 18s fullback and an outside chance at NSW 20s except for the considerable NRL talent in the NSW backline.

Lol Don't think so Buddy

Last edited:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Connor is a good player , but the games I have seen there were times he could have passed but didn't as there were opportunities out wide as he got held up, my mail is the Roosters were chasing Taylor while he was at manly he like Mitchell are both Aussie schoolboy reps plus Taylor I believe is twice NSW rugby rep, was second highest try scorer last season. Apparently he is on a lucrative first grade contract next year. He played fullback in the last stages of the Dragons game and went well. Mitchell is a talented player but has not dominated the 20s like Trbojevic, who will be the fullback, he is playing now with the bigger boys has a way to go and not first grade standard at this stage, still very young. Noticed Momorovski is having trouble making the starting side now he is fit, Garvey is a good player and he is due back this week from suspension. I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor makes is debut this season especially if there are injuries with some mail coming out from the camp as he was at AIS camp recently with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. he did a length of field try a few weeks back and no one could get near him. I would however play him in the centres where he can get his hand on the ball more and play Milne in the backrow he has got bigger but is not fit. One player who is playing some good footy for that team is Joey Lussick, a standout in all his recent games and a handy goal kicker as well, will see how he goes though against some tough opposition. I am sure Trent Robinson knows what he is doing, I will leave it up to him and his staff to decide, they know best

Taylor is far too small to play first grade. Maybe in a couple years time but there is no chance on earth he would be considered now, especially as a Centre. Mitchell is starting to show his class and is more chance of getting a run at the end of the year. Joseph Manu would also be much more likely to get a run given his size. Taylor is a lightweight and needs to put on about 8-10kgs to play Firsts. 20's is like touch football and you can get away with being a string bean but you can't in First Grade.

Agree with you on Joey Lussick, he is a gun and a certainty imo to make the step up to the NRL. The only problem is with Friend having a mortgage on the 9 position for the next 7-8 years, he will eventually have to more elsewhere for a starting role.

Last edited:

Nifty

Juniors
Taylor is far too small to play first grade. Maybe in a couple years time but there is no chance on earth he would be considered now, especially as a Centre. Mitchell is starting to show his class and is more chance of getting a run at the end of the year. Joseph Manu would also be much more likely to get a run given his size. Taylor is a lightweight and needs to put on about 8-10kgs to play Firsts. 20's is like touch football and you can get away with being a string bean but you can't in First Grade.

Agree with you on Joey Lussick, he is a gun and a certainty imo to make the step up to the NRL. The only problem is with Friend having a mortgage on the 9 position for the next 7-8 years, he will eventually have to more elsewhere for a starting role.

Hahah Small ??? Don't agree at all and neither do the Roosters apparently. Taylor is 95 kg heavier than Manu and a little bit heavier than Roger TS ( no lightweight ) Lol, full of muscle for a 19 year old, super athletic and fast. I have been told he is the fastest in the team and could end up being the fastest in the NRL. quite a wrap coming from people working closely with him at training. If you want to single out and compare Manu and Mitchell to Taylor, no comparison buddy, they haven't got the speed or toughness of him and they are both younger and wouldn't be considered for first grade. To give you some inside goss on how much the club rates Taylor from those within. Taylor was pursued by the Roosters while he was at Manly. The club wanted him. He took up a very lucrative contract they offered. He could play at fullback with his athletic ability and great under the high ball has played there before at his previous club with match performances, he can play centre and even cover as a backrower, such is his talents, but he is a superb winger and has been blessed with speed, both Aussie Schoolboys and NSW Rugby. He can play either side of the field which is a plus. He was selected by Robinson to train with the first grade side at Canberra AIS for pre season training and to partner Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Trent Robinson wants him training extra now with first grade next week, he is already training apparently privately with Tupou and is doing extensive speed and sprinting work with Mitchell Pearce with a top American speed coach. The club have him on their radar

Lussick was unwanted by Parramatta and couldn't make their starting side. He has patches where he plays well some weeks and then eases off. Not sure if he will be staying in the starting side for the season as they have some good halves

Very impressed with Hooker Grant Garvey, tough very skillful hooker

I will say though this Roosters u20s is a gun side and I watch a lot of clubs footy

Last edited:

Latest posts