What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Vaivai

Fairfax

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sault-conviction/story-e6freuy9-1226050657132

When did this come out? Why did they wait until he was convicted. Smells a bit like a cover up if you ask me.

##########

Junior Vaivai stood down after assault conviction

EMERGING Rabbitohs star Junior Vaivai has been stood down following a conviction for assaulting his girlfriend.

The 21-year-old centre, who made his NRL debut in 2009 but plays mainly in the second tier Toyota Cup, today pleaded guilty in Wollongong Local Court to assaulting his girlfriend Renee Laidlaw.

The court was told Ms Laidlaw didn't immediately report the assault to police out of concern for the effect a charge may have on her former partner's career.

Vaivai was convicted of the offence by Magistrate Les Mabbutt and given a two-year good behaviour bond and a $2500 fine.

A Rabbitohs spokesman said Vaivai had been "stood down" once the club were informed of the charge and they were now assessing his future.

"We are considering our position," he said.

Vaivai recently signed with the Parramatta Eels for next season, where he was to join the Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow.

The conviction is the latest drama involving rugby league players, with Roosters forward Anthony Watts facing an assault charge as well.

DAVATAR

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sault-conviction/story-e6freuy9-1226050657132

When did this come out? Why did they wait until he was convicted. Smells a bit like a cover up if you ask me.

##########

Junior Vaivai stood down after assault conviction

EMERGING Rabbitohs star Junior Vaivai has been stood down following a conviction for assaulting his girlfriend.

The 21-year-old centre, who made his NRL debut in 2009 but plays mainly in the second tier Toyota Cup, today pleaded guilty in Wollongong Local Court to assaulting his girlfriend Renee Laidlaw.

The court was told Ms Laidlaw didn't immediately report the assault to police out of concern for the effect a charge may have on her former partner's career.

Vaivai was convicted of the offence by Magistrate Les Mabbutt and given a two-year good behaviour bond and a $2500 fine.

A Rabbitohs spokesman said Vaivai had been "stood down" once the club were informed of the charge and they were now assessing his future.

"We are considering our position," he said.

Vaivai recently signed with the Parramatta Eels for next season, where he was to join the Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow.

The conviction is the latest drama involving rugby league players, with Roosters forward Anthony Watts facing an assault charge as well.

The clubs should take zero tolerance on this kind of behaviour. Should be show the door.
This is far more embarrassing for the club than they way our management carried on over Sandow!!!

Fairfax

Juniors
Sorry Ziggy, but he's still registered to the Bunnies and immersed in the Redfern culture.

BranVan3000

Coach
He was dropped a couple weeks ago from playing with the Bears. I doubt he'll be at Redfern after this

Eels will likely be happy to welcome him though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He was dropped a couple weeks ago from playing with the Bears. I doubt he'll be at Redfern after this

Eels will likely be happy to welcome him though.

pardon? you guys were happy to welcome inglis into the club and i remember he went through the same drama, but hey i guess that's different hey?

BranVan3000

Coach
pardon? you guys were happy to welcome inglis into the club and i remember he went through the same drama, but hey i guess that's different hey?
It is different because it was before he was with us. If he went through that again I'd expect him to be axed.

BranVan3000

Coach
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a f**ken hypacrite..just as i expected!
Why would we take measures against something that happened in Inglis's past :?

Right now, Vaivai is contracted to us and to you next year, therefore he is accountable to and represents both teams. I'd expect both to drop him.

BunniesMan

Immortal
fmd, in hindsight aren't we bloody lucky we chose Farrell over Vaivai. I remember at the start of the season there was an article in the paper about both players and how one of them would partner Inglis in the centres.

We extend the young familyman who scored 2 hattricks in his first 10 games, the Eels choose to sign the one who would go on to get an assault conviction...

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
I think he has to be shown the door if proven. I like VV, but if any of the souths players, no matter who it was did something like this, i'd want the door shown to them. You break the law, you shouldnt be exempt from punishment (losing your job) if you are a footy player. Getting sick of these guys getting payed shitloads too do something i would do for next to nothing and f***ing around.

Big Sam

First Grade
Punt him now. Simple as that. There's plenty more deserving outside backs at the club and he won't be there next year.

Sugar

Bench
Cant throw mud at Souths or Parra
Throw it all at VaiVai - He's the bloody idiot in all this.

Souths by rights throw him out.
Its Parra's option to either give him a shot at redemption or tear up his contract based on behavour.

He may turn his life around and focus on footy if hes on thin ice

Zigwaa

Bench
Never heard he'd signed with until now. It's a shame as he was promising, needs to get his life in order. Domestic violence is a despicable act and he should be ashamed and stood down for the remainder of the season.

Latest posts