What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K.Hunt Charged with Cocaine Supply.

azzah72

Bench
Karmichael Hunt reportedly charged with allegedly supplying cocaine
THOMAS CHAMBERLIN THE COURIER-MAIL FEBRUARY 20, 2015 8:54AM

QUEENSLAND sports star Karmichael Hunt has been charged for allegedly supplying cocaine after a sting involving the state’s Crime and Corruption Commission.

The Queensland Reds fullback and vice-captain, 28, met with detectives last night where he was issued a notice to appear in court over four counts of supplying the drug.

Hunt’s charges follows that of former rugby league stars Jason Smith and Matt Seers who police and CCC allege were part of a multimillion-dollar cocaine cartel.

The CCC this morning released a statement that said the charges stemmed from an investigation into a cocaine trafficking syndicate in southeast Queensland.

Hunt and two men and a woman were last night issued their notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging they “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

Hunt has been listed in the start up side against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow.

Highly-decorated and known for his successful “code-hopping”, he previously played for AFL team Gold Coast Suns and rugby league team Brisbane Broncos.

He won the Dally M Rookie of the year for the Broncos in 2004, later playing in the Queensland and Australian league teams.

Smith, also a former Queensland and Australian league representative, was charged with trafficking cocaine in Toowoomba between June and December last year after the six-month CCC investigation.

Seers, who played league for NSW, is also charged with trafficking and supplying the drug on the Gold Coast and Toowoomba last year and has been banned from contacting Smith.

Two years ago Hunt said the AFL and NRL’s drug testing policies were similar and thorough.

“Mate, they are pretty much the same,” he said at the time.

“All I know is I get tested a lot and always have. Ever since my second year in league, I couldn’t count how many times I’ve had to do it.”

Hunt is due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on March 5.

Originally published as Karmichael Hunt on cocaine charge

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...upplying-cocaine/story-fni2fxyf-1227229170616

Garts

Bench
just seen this flash up on twitter?

dealing coke on the gold coast?????

I would not call it dealing, that's a stretch. I assume he was probably sourcing some for himself and some friends wanted some so he got a few extra for them as well. I do not think he some dealer on the side who did it all the time.

roughyedspud

Coach
I would not call it dealing, that's a stretch. I assume he was probably sourcing some for himself and some friends wanted some so he got a few extra for them as well. I do not think he some dealer on the side who did it all the time.

supplying then lol

eitheway he's a bellend

Canard

Immortal
So a current Union player charged for offences whilst an AFL player.

Bec Wilson will still blame David Smith.

Danish

Referee
I like that the news article on the SMH lists him as a former rugby league player as their first description of him :lol:

I bet it will be reported as " Former Rugby League role model arrested for Cocaine Dealing" We'll say: "He was Ok when he left us, it was those jolly old Rugby boys who led him astray."

So the news has been out for 15 minutes and some here know the full and complete facts.

"I would not call it dealing, that's a stretch. I assume he was probably sourcing some for himself and some friends wanted some so he got a few extra for them as well. I do not think he some dealer on the side who did it all the time." It was reported as arrested for DEALING.