What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans Signed

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/20202/08/12/giant-eels-prop-evans-signed/

The Vodafone Warriors have added more size to their 2021 NRL roster by signing giant Parramatta Eels prop Kane Evans, one of the tallest players in the competition.

Boasting 108 NRL appearances for the Sydney Roosters and the Eels, the 199cm, 110kg Evans (28) has been secured on a two-year deal to the end of the 2022 season.

His acquisition further boosts the club’s stocks of big forwards for next season following the signing of Mate Ma’a Tonga international Ben Murdoch-Masila from Warrington while Canberra’s Jack Murchie joined the Vodafone Warriors in May.

“Kane is a really important signing for us as he brings the size, leg speed and aggression that we are looking to add to our pack,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan.

“With Ben Murdoch-Masila coming, the rise of young Eliesa Katoa, Jack Murchie joining us and now Kane it dramatically changes the dynamics of the squad.

“Kane always played in winning teams during his junior days and he brings that winning culture with him.

“Through his time at the Roosters and Parramatta he knows what this looks like and this was an ingredient we were keen to add to our squad.

“He is also a fantastic team man who can galvanise teams with a sense of fun and he engenders great enthusiasm into a group.”

Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George, while acknowledging Evans’ playing credentials, was equally impressed with his character.

“We couldn’t have been more impressed with Kane in our Zoom meeting,” he said.

“He displays all the qualities we are looking for and you could see the excitement in his eyes and hear the passion in his voice.

“The experience he brings from his previous NRL clubs will be of great assistance to our group.”

After excelling for the Roosters in the National Youth Competition, he represented the New South Wales Under-20s and the Junior Kangaroos in 2012 before making Fiji’s squad for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

Evans debuted at NRL level for the Roosters early in 2014 and went to play 74 first-grade games for the club before signing with Parramatta for the 2018 season.

He has made seven appearances for the Eels so far this season, scoring one of their two tries in their 14-12 win over the Sharks on Sunday.

KANE EVANS

Born: January 9, 1992

Birthplace: Sydney, NSW

Junior Club: Leichhardt Wanderers

Position: Prop

Height: 199cm

Weight: 110kg

Previous Clubs: Sydney Roosters (2013-2017)

NRL Debut: Sydney Roosters v Parramatta Eels, Sydney Football Stadium, March 15, 2014 (Round 2)

NRL Career: 108 appearances (2013-2020)

Sydney Roosters: 74 appearances (2013-2017)

Parramatta Eels: 34 appearances (2018-2020)

NRL Points: 24 (6 tries)

Representative: 13 Tests for Fiji Bati (2013-2019), Rugby League World Cup (2013, 2017), World All-Stars (2016), New South Wales City Origin (2015)

Big Marn

Juniors
2 signings in less than 24 hours. most action we have seen in a while lol. Interesting they mentioned Murchie in that article when we were just wondering if hes on the outer, since he cant make the 17.

Leber

Bench
Didn't this bloke yell a racial slur at one of our players in a nsw cup game once?

Blair

Coach
All these big guy signings give room for Blair to go round again. He can work with this new pack. You all know what I mean by that.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Interestingly i’ve always considered BBM, Evans and Ah Mau as decent bench rotation props and not necessarily 50+ minute players. With JTB, Bunty, Paasi and Frei all there as well, looks like we have depth but as yet no real obvious ‘follow me boys’ leader. I do rate Bunty though. Young hard and hopefully a one club player as once he develops properly he’ll be absolute quality.

jason taylor

Bench
Having watched Evans for the past few years at Parra, I reckon he has it in him to step up and be a starting front rower. He’s really improved since he arrived in 2018. Definitely hitting his prime and potential finally.

Campion

Juniors
Having watched Evans for the past few years at Parra, I reckon he has it in him to step up and be a starting front rower. He’s really improved since he arrived in 2018. Definitely hitting his prime and potential finally.
I think so too. He's a 'bench front rower' because the eels have had him on the bench. I think he could potentailly lead a pack tho (just hasn't been given the opportunity).

sup42

Juniors
The Storm have rolled down field with one enormous guy for a long time now, it saps the opposition tacklers, it is intimidating, and no one likes playing trees with legs.

Long time coming, it is not like the Storm invented big packs, Anderson used monsters, and we were the meanest side in the NRL for it.

Evans is a really good guy and a massive get for the Warriors. Quite stunned we pulled it off. Lots of changes happening, and much needed too.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Watched him with interest last night V Dragons. Had a good game and scored a barnstormer from 10m out taking 2-3 tacklers with him. Him along with BMM and JTB are all big boys. I’m liking this size depth we’re creating otherwise we’ll be putting out front rows including Burr and Blair

Latest posts