What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans @ The judiciary. Does he miss the elimination final?

Bazal

Post Whore
OK, charged with Careless High Contact - I get it.

So riddle me this Bazman, if Parker had continued to lower his body by his own volition, to the extent that say Evan's hip and not his shoulder made contact with Parker's head, would the charge still stand?
I dare say it wouldn't have, but it would still be Careless High Contact right?

The biggest issue I have is that a committed defender cannot simply disappear into thin air and yet the MRC and judiciary seem to ignore this fact and ignore the motion of the attackers body and the role it plays in the resultant contact. When Evans made contact Parker was not in the same body position as he was a micro second or two beforehand. How is Evans (or anyone else) supposed to react and adjust in time?

The JWH referral I agree with - he was off to the side and kinda leading with his arm down in a semi-swinging motion, whereas Evans went in at the chest region, front on, hard and fast and Parker shifted his own position into one which resulted in awkward contact to the head.

Given the whole system is a joke and too many "favourites" get let off, but there needs to be consideration of the role the attacker plays and how much onus is on them not to put themselves in danger.

Silly comparison. There are many factors at play, and if Evans was on the end of the same I seriously doubt we're even discussing it tbh.

Yes, Parker did fall. But yes, Evans tackle was also careless. It can be both...

T.S Quint

Coach
Silly comparison. There are many factors at play, and if Evans was on the end of the same I seriously doubt we're even discussing it tbh.

Yes, Parker did fall. But yes, Evans tackle was also careless. It can be both...

Yes it was both. Which is why a grade 1 charge would be more fitting for such a situation. A player falling into a tackle shouldn’t be rated a grade 2.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes it was both. Which is why a grade 1 charge would be more fitting for such a situation. A player falling into a tackle shouldn’t be rated a grade 2.

So if he fell into a swinging arm it should be a grade one? What if he fell into a flying elbow?

Again, blanket statements are pointless. Evans was making an aggressive, reasonably careless tackle and copped a falling player square in the jaw with his shoulder. Shame, but it's true.

And I have agreed many times (not that you've said otherwise mind you) that based on other cases he should have been downgraded. But we all know there's no such thing as consistency.

emjaycee

Coach
So if he fell into a swinging arm it should be a grade one? What if he fell into a flying elbow?

Again, blanket statements are pointless. Evans was making an aggressive, reasonably careless tackle and copped a falling player square in the jaw with his shoulder. Shame, but it's true.

And I have agreed many times (not that you've said otherwise mind you) that based on other cases he should have been downgraded. But we all know there's no such thing as consistency.
I think the point that TS is making (and it is the point I have been trying to make) is that if Parker wasn't falling, was Evans tackle even careless? It probably wouldn't have been high so if it was just an aggressive tackle that went bad because Parker was falling, it should have been a grade 1, not a grade 2. Swinging arms or flying elbows aren't required to make a tackle and they should be graded as reckless accordingly, not careless.

T.S Quint

Coach

Ok you got me. If you swing your arm you take the risk and cop a higher punishment. Still not as high as if the player wasn’t falling though, but that should be obvious.

Evans’ tackle was aggressive, yes, but not all that careless. He hit Parker front on with what would have been a bloody great tackle if Parker hadn’t fallen slightly.

I thought it was definitely worth a charge but a grade 1 was sufficient, especially considering similar tackles this year. I expected Evans to be successful in his challenge of the grading and was incredibly surprised at the outcome...though I really shouldn’t have been because the NRL is f**ked.

crocodile

Bench
Ed Begley is missing from the photo. Is anybody finding this board very slow or is it just me. Everywhere else is fine.

hindy111

Post Whore
And you fail to understand that the second statement casts doubt on the motive for making his first.

"I definitely didn't kill my ex...but f**k I hated that bitch."

In any case the point you're trying to argue about accepting part of his evidence and not the other is completely destroyed by the video footage. He got what he deserved for a clear and blatant thug act.

So did you kill her?

Latest posts