What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans @ The judiciary. Does he miss the elimination final?

Bazal

Post Whore
Totally unrelated but I just came into possession of a bridge that I need to sell.

Anyone know anyone...?

emjaycee

Coach
It also clearly shows the point of Evans' shoulder hitting Parker in the jaw tbh. On the day I felt it was chest to head, but it's been pretty clear since that it wasn't.

His suspension isn't an issue, it's fair. What is the issue is guys like Burgess and JWH getting off for similar and perhaps worse shots.

Was he charged with a shoulder charge?
My point is that he came in hard with his arm targeting the upper chest of Parker and with his body angled to maximise impact. He didn't come in high (or he would have missed as Parker lowered), he didn't come in with a swinging arm, he simply came in with a hard tackle. Sure it didn't end up well for Parker but tell me again when hard tackles were ruled as illegal? Kane's shoulder hitting Parker's jaw is a by-product of the way Parker approached the tackle, not as a result Kane tackling him around the chest.

And his suspension sure as f**k IS the issue. He shouldn't have cited by the MRC and he shouldn't have been suspended for the most important match we have this season.

Noise

Coach
Was he charged with a shoulder charge?
My point is that he came in hard with his arm targeting the upper chest of Parker and with his body angled to maximise impact. He didn't come in high (or he would have missed as Parker lowered), he didn't come in with a swinging arm, he simply came in with a hard tackle. Sure it didn't end up well for Parker but tell me again when hard tackles were ruled as illegal? Kane's shoulder hitting Parker's jaw is a by-product of the way Parker approached the tackle, not as a result Kane tackling him around the chest.

And his suspension sure as f**k IS the issue. He shouldn't have cited by the MRC and he shouldn't have been suspended for the most important match we have this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but forceful contact to the head (in this case the jaw) with the arm/shoulder is illegal and that's what happened.

I also think JWH should have got a week too.

Kornstar

Coach
Was there ever any doubt that we wouldn't get the downgrade? And people question why we don't want to waste money defending this shit when the judiciary is so inconsistent.

Correct me if I'm wrong but forceful contact to the head (in this case the jaw) with the arm/shoulder is illegal and that's what happened.

I also think JWH should have got a week too.

Yep, that about it. I think Kane was guilty by the letter of the law, but that the punishment applied is a bit rough (this is a problem with the 'system' rather than the judiciary).

A player falls every tackle (when he goes to ground). It is up to the tackler to stay away from the head.
Yeah but in this case he fell before the tackle. Or at least before significant contact. In real time Evans would have very little time to adjust.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah but in this case he fell before the tackle. Or at least before significant contact. In real time Evans would have very little time to adjust.
Like when Inglis would all of a sudden be pile driven head first at the hint of a tackle regardless of where he was going into a tackle.

Anyway like everything to do with NRL I’d be ok with whatever ruling as long as they applied it consistently. But this is the National Rugby Lucky Dip

emjaycee

Coach
He was charged with high contact...and you've just posted an image showing high contact...

You especially are brighter than that

OK, charged with Careless High Contact - I get it.

So riddle me this Bazman, if Parker had continued to lower his body by his own volition, to the extent that say Evan's hip and not his shoulder made contact with Parker's head, would the charge still stand?
I dare say it wouldn't have, but it would still be Careless High Contact right?

The biggest issue I have is that a committed defender cannot simply disappear into thin air and yet the MRC and judiciary seem to ignore this fact and ignore the motion of the attackers body and the role it plays in the resultant contact. When Evans made contact Parker was not in the same body position as he was a micro second or two beforehand. How is Evans (or anyone else) supposed to react and adjust in time?

The JWH referral I agree with - he was off to the side and kinda leading with his arm down in a semi-swinging motion, whereas Evans went in at the chest region, front on, hard and fast and Parker shifted his own position into one which resulted in awkward contact to the head.

Given the whole system is a joke and too many "favourites" get let off, but there needs to be consideration of the role the attacker plays and how much onus is on them not to put themselves in danger.

Latest posts