What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo jerseys cheapened

Parra_Eels

Bench
sure it's ok if you gotta have surgery but menzies gave up his spot to go on a freakin holiday. others would've given their right arm to go. if only we were back in 1994 when we had a real tour and it was also the last year before the war.

Matt23

Staff member
Menzies asked the ARL weather he would make the tour, before going on his holiday.

JJ

Immortal
well, maybe Menzies should change his holiday plans, because he'd be likely to make it now.

I agree totally, I made the same comment in another post - remember Wally and his arm, Wayne Pearce - they were desperate to tour. I realise these guys are tired, but it should be an honour, and some don;t seem to be that badly injured.

As a Penrith fan, I remember how much the Roo tour helped Fittler, and Geyer in particular

Raider_69

Post Whore
Speaking of the 94 tour, Jason Croker should have been on that tour and if Menzies and co dont want to put on the green and gold, im sure he would jump at the chance........ his form before injury wasnt oo bad either

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Steve Menzies has pretty much indicated that he won't be playing rep footy anymore e.g pretty much what Tallis did without the media frenzy. So I don't see what the problem is.

Kasper

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Speaking of the 94 tour, Jason Croker should have been on that tour and if Menzies and co dont want to put on the green and gold, im sure he would jump at the chance........ his form before injury wasnt oo bad either
I'll second that.

simon says

First Grade
I wouldnt rate Crocker in the top 10 locks or 5/8s.He is solid,tries hard,but there are many better players than him,and much younger.Its a great chance to blood someone,not resurrect an average player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
I wouldnt rate Crocker in the top 10 locks or 5/8s.He is solid,tries hard,but there are many better players than him,and much younger.Its a great chance to blood someone,not resurrect an average player.

righto
i agree crocker is that good, but croker is
you name 10 better locks than jason croker

not to mention his versitility, which would certinally come in hand on tour

simon says

First Grade
Canberra supporter rates Croker.....great surpise,lol. :lol: :lol:

As I said before,not in the top ten locks.Id be looking for a mobile 2nd rower to play there.

This is not to say that there arent raider players that i dont think should go.Far from it.Davico_O Hara,Woolford,Monagahan are all top shelf and would go well.But Croker.......i dont think so.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Canberra supporter rates Croker.....great surpise,lol. :lol: :lol:

As I said before,not in the top ten locks.Id be looking for a mobile 2nd rower to play there.

This is not to say that there arent raider players that i dont think should go.Far from it.Davico_O Hara,Woolford,Monagahan are all top shelf and would go well.But Croker.......i dont think so.

well name 10 locks that are better
you say you can do it.......

J.Monagahan was unlucky, woolford was never a chance, and o hara and davico should make it

simon says

First Grade
I could name 20 odd backrowers that I would rate higher than Croker.I dont have the desire or the inclination to actually do it.I have more trouble naming 5 worse locks. ;-) ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
I could name 20 odd backrowers that I would rate higher than Croker.I dont have the desire or the inclination to actually do it.I have more trouble naming 5 worse locks. ;-) ;-)

yea and i can name 1000 current nrl half backs that are better than johns i just not too......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dimitri

First Grade
the kangaroos havent been cheapened ther are just a lot of injuries

GB has had heaps of injuries over the last few years yet the aussie supporters seem to think its because they are unfit :roll:

they play even more matches than we do over there

In-goal

Bench
good point Dimitri i don't think alot of Australian fans realise just how many more game there English couter parts have to play.

28 weeks of RSL
4 possible finals
5 possible CC matches
1 WCC match
2 County of origin
4 matches for GB

how many matches well thats 44, stop bleating NRL players you are already recieving a ton of money.

In-goal

Bench
You know dimitri i think alot of the Australian RL public are still unawares to the fact the the RSL is played at the same time as the NRL.

Hey Simon do I sense a bit of pent up hostility against the Raiders made? 89 Was a very good year. The fact is there's a shitload of backrowers out of the tour allready. Hindmarsh, Tallis, Kennedy, Menzies etc. Why not give Croker a damn shot? He's a very good player. Who's rated by more than just Raiders fans mate. Croker is at least in the top 5 Locks in the NRL.

Anonymous

Juniors
In-goal said:
good point Dimitri i don't think alot of Australian fans realise just how many more game there English couter parts have to play.

28 weeks of RSL
4 possible finals
5 possible CC matches
1 WCC match
2 County of origin
4 matches for GB

how many matches well thats 44, stop bleating NRL players you are already recieving a ton of money.

I don't think the Roosters players would cope with that. They were hard done by having to play 3 origins games this year.

simon says

First Grade
DaleyIsGod said:
Hey Simon do I sense a bit of pent up hostility against the Raiders made? 89 Was a very good year. The fact is there's a shitload of backrowers out of the tour allready. Hindmarsh, Tallis, Kennedy, Menzies etc. Why not give Croker a damn shot? He's a very good player. Who's rated by more than just Raiders fans mate. Croker is at least in the top 5 Locks in the NRL.

Ill admit i have no love for the raiders,but i dont let that cloud who is a better player or not.In other threads i have said that Wiki was the best 2nd rower in the comp,and that i rated Mullins over Brasher.So even though i think Canberra is a shit.hole,and their supporters are dull witted,I can differentiate my feelings from the facts.

And the fact is that Croker,while a good clubman is nothing more.He has just broken his leg,and you want him on the tour when he hasnt played a game for a month.He is not in my top 5 locks,Kennedy,Menzies,Morrison,Ricketson,Sattler.My next 5 are Faumina,Norton,Campion,Wagon,Caroll.

So there ya go,not in the top 10. ;-)

Latest posts