What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If it was about where the biggest pay check is, then SBW would be in France or Japan playing club rugby. He's in the NRL because he wants to play league. He's going back to rugby to try to win another rugby world cup, then aiming for 7s gold at the Olympics. Sonny Bill is a determined young superstar with clear goals that he wishes to achieve. It is not about the money.

If he achieves his goals, he'll have 2 (or 3) NRL premierships, at least one super rugby title, a couple of Bledisloe Cup triumphs, Two Rugby World Cups, an Olympic Gold Medal, the NZ Heavyweight Championship and a WBA International Heavyweight Championship Belt. With that, he'd leave one hell of a legacy

And still never beat the Kangaroos in a single match.

davi

Juniors
What are you on about?
You originally said that no one benefitted from Hunt and Falou going to AFL, when the 2 players clearly gained the benefit of the millions of dollars.
They obviously thought it was an awesome deal, they had both won a comp, played origin and test footy.
I don't know what SBW has to do with it.

I meant the codes that didn't benefited from it. And the connection with Sonny Bill Williams is going back forth changing codes. If you can't figure that out, well that's not my problem.

oikee

Juniors
Getting back to the point i am trying to make, we need to promote the players in our code who are going to stay loyal to our code.
??
How many other codes do you see players at the top of their game moving to other codes. ???

Once we show loyalty to our players, put them up on pedestals. promote them, immotalize them all if we have to, and make it only the players who have not corrupted our code (stayed loyal to one code eligible)
then we can start to see some loyalty and keep the players like falou, Sonny and Burgess in our code, playing in our world cup, not unions. ]

I mean have a look at union, three of their biggest drawcards are our ex-league players.

We lost them because of the backward running of our code.
Now we have to make sure the next superstars never leave our code.
We can start by bringing in the Yanks and getting rid of our crap marketing department.
Bring in Captains challenge, the Bunker and start erecting some more Bronzzies and a proper Immortal function and charity ball.

And for f#cks sake get out of Sydney. To grow the code we need to get out of Sydney. take functions and big events on the road to other capitals.
Invite other cities to the party. Become inclusive, not reclusive. League has always been a backward run self interested code. We need to break those shackles now.

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
Getting back to the point i am trying to make, we need to promote the players in our code who are going to stay loyal to our code.
??
How many other codes do you see players at the top of their game moving to other codes. ???

Once we show loyalty to our players, put them up on pedestals. promote them, immotalize them all if we have to, and make it only the players who have not corrupted our code (stayed loyal to one code eligible)
then we can start to see some loyalty and keep the players like falou, Sonny and Burgess in our code, playing in our world cup, not unions. ]

I mean have a look at union, three of their biggest drawcards are our ex-league players.

We lost them because of the backward running of our code.
Now we have to make sure the next superstars never leave our code.
We can start by bringing in the Yanks and getting rid of our crap marketing department.
Bring in Captains challenge, the Bunker and start erecting some more Bronzzies and a proper Immortal function and charity ball.

And for f#cks sake get out of Sydney. To grow the code we need to get out of Sydney. take functions and big events on the road to other capitals.
Invite other cities to the party. Become inclusive, not reclusive. League has always been a backward run self interested code. We need to break those shackles now.

putting players on pedestals and promoting them isn't being loyal to the player. It's exploiting the player to promote the game. When nein had their SBW OMG adverts, was that being loyal to Sonny, or was it about trying to get more people to watch NRL on 9?

blaza88z

Coach
It seems like he's really old because people forget he made his debut at the age of 17, I am not saying for a second his best years are ahead of him but at 34 he can still offer a bit to the Broncos at least

AJB1102

First Grade
It seems like he's really old because people forget he made his debut at the age of 17, I am not saying for a second his best years are ahead of him but at 34 he can still offer a bit to the Broncos at least
*sniff*

A bit of what?