What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katoa Forward Knock-on Pass

Chimp

Bench
They got the right decision in the end, they’re just lucky the little ball movement as he swung his arm to offload it gave them the excuse to call it a knock on - if the ball stays in the palm of his hand, they can’t do anything about it. The bunker found a loophole to get themselves out of trouble, fair play to em.

The bigger issue is with our team and their execution - Katoa bombed that, and for me, he bombed the one where Jesse eventually dropped the ball. Katoa was in the clear and didn’t put his foot down - he should have gone for the kill himself.

This loss was entirely on us.

Though I do suspect the same ‘pass’ wouldn’t have been called back if it had been the Broncos, Roosters, Storm, Souths that threw it - but that is pure speculation.

Slackboy72

Coach
Anyone calling this a knock-on is an idiot or doesn't know the rules. Or both in the case of the bunker.

R-15-3

Bench
If the bunker where doing their job we would have been defending on our line with 12 players.
Caring on as if we lost the GF with a line ball decision.
switch teams and if it was against us you all would be congratulating them on getting the right out come.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Mate, if you think that was forward you need to go and sign up as a touchie. Your eyes are just as good.

I called it as forward at the time to be honest. Haven't looked again though so I'm sticking with it was forward Haas

PHaTMaN

Juniors
The fact that there is even an argument here shows the absurdity of it all.

Is it a knock-on or a forwards pass? I don’t know, I shouldn’t care. Either way you can’t propel the ball forward, arguing about control or whatever isn’t the issue.

The problem is how the hell can the video ref rule when a player “knocks-on” to another player but they can’t rule on a “forward pass”. If he regains for half a second then releases that remains a try but because he tapped it is reversed?

The NRL is run by amateurs.

If the bunker where doing their job we would have been defending on our line with 12 players.
Caring on as if we lost the GF with a line ball decision.
switch teams and if it was against us you all would be congratulating them on getting the right out come.
we would never get that level of scrutiny fall in our favour.
it was just one of those atypical suncorp outings where you know nothing will fall your way.
we got pinged for 3 forward passes if I recall correctly.
I could call plenty the other way.
some directly leading to points.

Latest posts