1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Kayo Sports

Discussion in 'Go ahead!...ask us anything!' started by Pommy, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Has anyone been using this new service? As I understand it’s just fox sports over the Internet?
    Can you watch games on demand after they have finished etc?
    I cancelled my Foxtel package and have no interest in going back but I have missed pay TV cricket this year. An ad every over wears a little thing after about 2 overs.

2. Pommy

Pommy Coach

My bad this should have been in ask us anything, if a MOD could move it please that would be awesome

@Te Kaha

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. Whatwhere

Whatwhere Juniors

It's good and far more cost effective than Foxtel that forces you bundle sport with other packages. Cost $25/month for two device and $35/month for up to 4 devices. Able to watch several sports on the one device at the same time thanks to it ability to split the screen up to 4 frames.

Access to all the Foxtel channels. I definitely would recommend it.

Lambretta and Pommy like this.
  4. umina panther

umina panther Coach

Not worth looking at yet after the disaster Optus had with the soccer world cup. Need to see if it can handle any real traffic before I jump on

5. Whatwhere

Whatwhere Juniors

So far I've had no issues with live streaming and I use it at home and was using it at work before Christmas. Never encountered any issues. It's building off the Foxtel Now technology but applied directly for sport. Will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next 3-6 months.

Pommy and umina panther like this.
  6. roofromoz

roofromoz Bench

Waiting for the final season of Game of Thrones to finish and then we'll likely can Foxtel and will sign up then.

beave and Pommy like this.
  7. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Optus is actually a very good service, I much prefer it over Foxtel. The issues were worked out in the end but the damage was done. I will be more interested in watching delayed coverage anyway I would guess.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  8. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Subscribed today to watch the ODI. Pretty impressed with the Apple TV app.
    Good quality HD stream, one thing that pissed me off with normal Foxtel was that they wanted extra money in 2017 for me to watch in HD.

9. beave

beave Coach

I’m exactly the same.

10. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

The problem was Optus got that sudden surge in traffic with the World Cup. Unless Kayo suddenly get exclusive access to something that isn’t on Foxtel that won’t happen so I think it’ll be safe, certainly by the time footy season starts.

umina panther likes this.
  11. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

While true, there's no doubting the start of the NRL and AFL seasons will see them dealing with much higher traffic volumes than anything they've had over summer. Definitely worth a wait and see IMO

12. Diesel

Diesel Coach

Which Apple TV do you have?

13. Pommy

Pommy Coach

I have the 4K model and an old 3rd gen one on a spare TV which doesn’t have downloadable apps but I can airplay to if needed.

14. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

I am using the trial atm. The one demand games are good if you hide the scores..

Actually watching the live channel seems to be an issue. Footy season will be the test

15. Diesel

Diesel Coach

Thanks for the heads up. I have the shitty 3rd Gen one and forgot about AirPlay

16. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

Canceled my Foxtel after having to listen to all their counter offers to keep me. So far Kayo appears good.

17. Pommy

Pommy Coach

I know it’s not cheap but I would recommend a new Apple TV the interface shits on any smart TV i have ever used.

justdave, SpaceMonkey and Diesel like this.
  18. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

That’s why I think they’re doing the smart thing launching now, they’ll get a fair bit of uptake during cricket season which should enable them to build capacity. I reckon by round one they’ll be pretty sorted and even if they have some issues in round one who cares, it’s hardly the end of the world when it’s costing you $7 or so a week.

Also liking the fact that the license is for 2 simultaneous screens, not 2 devices - so if you live by yourself you can install it on all your devices and still split your subscription with a mate.

I’m testing it out now, working well so far on my two iOS devices (iPhone 8 and iPad) and sent to my TV via an HDMI cable from my phone is working well. Getting smooth 720p playback which is pretty decent considering my ADSL connection is pretty horrible at only about 8Mbit/s. No doubt it’ll look nicer when I finally get NBN and a speed boost.

19. Parra

Parra Referee

Could be the foxtel killer we've been waiting for.

20. umina panther

umina panther Coach

It is Foxtel and I can see the price raising very rapidly