What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney delighted with Walker deal

belmoreeel

Juniors
so does walker make 25 players for the squad next year? meaning we have a tried and trusted robtimer combo in the halves ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
so does walker make 25 players for the squad next year? meaning we have a tried and trusted robtimer combo in the halves ?

No he was not signed as a top 25 player. He was signed to a 2nd tier contract of a pie and coke deal

big boppa eel

Juniors
Who's in charge of recruitment for your mob, some of these pickups are just disgraceful. You'll have some fine wooden cutlery to put on the shelf by this time next year.

Webb, Manuokafoa, Maitua and now Walker??

The first two are some of the laziest footballers I've ever seen, while the latter two are constantly getting themselves in trouble.
You should be a comedian champ, you are a Cowboys supporter?:lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Here's a prediction. He won't last the summer in Sydney. If you see the stuff he writes on twitter @iam_chriswalker he says sh*t like "can't sleep miss my family so much".

This bloke comes across as a quitter. Looking at his track record with clubs he's already showing that he's soft.

^b0ss^

Juniors
oh please, Chris walker is a great signing i believe.Did anyone see the story on chris walker and the titans a couple of yrs back?.

Titans were disappointed they couldnt keep him, i remember the story going on to say the changes in his life and that he has a wife and family.

I think chris is a great buy and he hasnt lost pace.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't understand the "Walker is fast" myth??? Walker WAS fast...I think some of you may be sorely disappointed when you see the bloke who turns up to play, after doing an achilles and missing most of his last couple of seasons with leg injuries...

lingard

Coach
oh please, Chris walker is a great signing i believe.Did anyone see the story on chris walker and the titans a couple of yrs back?.

Titans were disappointed they couldnt keep him, i remember the story going on to say the changes in his life and that he has a wife and family.

I think chris is a great buy and he hasnt lost pace.

I agree.

IFR33K

Coach
Ffs, walker has been a dissapointment now for at least 6 years. And Im sure as hell, don't think he will be turning it around next year.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Guys he is a 2nd tier buy.
At best off the bench, if he is playing first grade full time one of our starting players isnt doing his job.

(2nd tier player that is quick enough to back up and support).Id love to see him on the end of a haynes break, for all those doubting im pretty sure he will make the line.

born an eel

Bench
Guys he is a 2nd tier buy.
At best off the bench, if he is playing first grade full time one of our starting players isnt doing his job.

(2nd tier player that is quick enough to back up and support).Id love to see him on the end of a haynes break, for all those doubting im pretty sure he will make the line.
and you wonder why people say we are a 1 player team,

we are going to now pick players purely for their ability to back up hayne and put the ball over the line. :crazy:

^b0ss^

Juniors
Its just one advantage get a grip. As much as i hate to say it, i would take walker over inu for the price.

Its just a good backup to have, i think he will add depth.

born an eel

Bench
Its just one advantage get a grip. As much as i hate to say it, i would take walker over inu for the price.

I wouldn't be picking him on that and calling it an advantage, it may well be a result of picking him but feel other aspects of his game will need to screaming "pick me" before adding his name to the side.

As he is not part of the top 25, I would expect others to putting their hand up for selection before him, at least at the start of the year and if he proves to be "next cab of the rank" later in the season it will very well be a great pick up. Only time will tell.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

I would take Walker over Inu too.

Inu could have been anything! So much wasted potential.

Runaround Man

Juniors
A few years ago during the last few years of the SMith reign there was the huge frustration of parra signing players that just weren't up to 1st grade.

I for one am at least relieved that we are getting players with experience who know what it takes to win big games, even though their best years are perhaps behind them.

Experience is an incredibly valuable resource that coaches love to have on the park. Assuming Webb, Walker and Matua have their heads in the right place there is no reason that they won't all have great seasons. Personally, they all have a lot to prove.

I am looking forward to a season to watching my team with a lot more direction and purpose and hopefully Hayne will be released from being the go to man on every set.

Go Parra..

A few years ago during the last few years of the SMith reign there was the huge frustration of parra signing players that just weren't up to 1st grade.

I for one am at least relieved that we are getting players with experience who know what it takes to win big games, even though their best years are perhaps behind them.

Experience is an incredibly valuable resource that coaches love to have on the park. Assuming Webb, Walker and Matua have their heads in the right place there is no reason that they won't all have great seasons. Personally, they all have a lot to prove.

I am looking forward to a season to watching my team with a lot more direction and purpose and hopefully Hayne will be released from being the go to man on every set.

Go Parra..
i agree whats the good of having a ton of money sitting in our salary cap fund gathering dust if (touch wood) we get hit by a spate of injures next year and dont have replacements?
sure these guys arent off the top shelf but anything is better than nothing

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Walker is twittering that he's miserable and missing his family again....

@iam_chriswalker

I'm so over not having my family with me...