What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keary a dragon

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Keary reminded me of Benji last night. Mostly average kicks and the odd good one. Pushing passes. Running sideways way too much until his outside backs had no space. Tackled well. Tried hard. Definitely not the Messiah on that performance.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree, SBW is a super athlete. Sam Burgess of 2014 was the best forward in the world and he's so athletic I thought he'd kill it in union, his best might be behind him.

I still think he has something to offer but I think Souths are toxic with a lot of issues just under the surface.

If the young fellow who just left Souths is correct with Madge playing mind games I'm sure Sam wouldn't want to know anything about that sort of crap and probably Keary is in the same boat.

Dragsters

First Grade
He wasn't helped by his forwards. Did anyone see the Burgess brothers in attack? Sam is a shadow of the guy who played in 2014 & Tom has slipped even further.

I agree mate but compared to the rubbish they have dished up over the last month or so the team looked like they were at least trying last night.

Consistency is Sams problem this year. He has had some strong games and a bunch of average ones. His brothers have both been very ordinary.

Point I was trying to make was, last night at least, keary had something to work with but failed to take control.

St Georgio

Juniors
Who remembers this 1992 St George GF spine Wayne Collins, Tony Smith, Troy Hodges, Mick Potter..very very ordinary but still made the GF.
Sowards was very ordinary until God came along turned him into a Marquee player and won us a comp.
Rein, Benji, Sims,Widdop maybe Keary all look ordinary, but under a top coach they will look sensational, the key is not who we sign as a player, it is signing the correct coach for the club, until then nothing will change.
Bring Back Brian Smith.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Who remembers this 1992 St George GF spine Wayne Collins, Tony Smith, Troy Hodges, Mick Potter..very very ordinary but still made the GF.
Sowards was very ordinary until God came along turned him into a Marquee player and won us a comp.
Rein, Benji, Sims,Widdop maybe Keary all look ordinary, but under a top coach they will look sensational, the key is not who we sign as a player, it is signing the correct coach for the club, until then nothing will change.
Bring Back Brian Smith.

I've been on the Dragons forum for years going back to the ninemsn WORL days. Back then the topic of does a coach even make a difference use to be debated regularly - I'm talking back in the days of Smith, Waite, Farrar and Brown.We had such a start studded team and were always in the running but could never finish it off.

Sometimes I wonder whether the St George Illawarra Dragons even won a premiership. Everyone else must look at us and just think Wayne Bennett is the reason you won in 2010. Unfortunately this is true. Unfortunately Bennett is not a Dragons man. I know it doesn't make the premiership invalid, but like you, I agree its all about the coach; the coach who knows how to make a difference, who inspires and attracts quality players.

I would love to Dragons man like McGregor do the same but I don't believe he has a hope.

WTC

Juniors
1992 GF halves were P Coyne & N Goldthorpe, pretty handy , also M Potter was the current Dally M winner.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
In 1993 we had Goldthorpe and Tony Smith with Phil Blake coming off the bench and Mundine providing cover for injury. Collins was still the hooker I think with Brown as back up. So yeah, not a bad spine at all.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Agree, SBW is a super athlete. Sam Burgess of 2014 was the best forward in the world and he's so athletic I thought he'd kill it in union, his best might be behind him.

I think you will find Sam Burgess is carrying injury ,still has plenty left.

dragonreddy

Juniors
If I was Keary I would be having a good think before joining the Rorters as I believe that he would be most fortunate to see out a 2 year contract with them. The Rorters would be using him as a short-term proposition only. After 12 months they would be dangling a bigger carrot in front of Mitchell Moses,making Keary obsolete . Where as the Dragons would use him to form a permanent halves combination with Widdop . 3 years (plus )with Saints or possibly 2 with the Rorters ? I believe that Dragons management offered a fair $ value for Keary, leaving the ball in his court for at least (2 weeks) ? At the end of the day his final decision may lie with geography - the city where he is familiar or Wollongong where he would be a stranger .

Widdop's contract finishes 2017 on his current form for this year the club would be mad to re-sign him , so that theory doesn't stack up.

Maximus

Coach
Says the coward who has no guts to respond. I think you sulking to the broader community to gain sympathy show weakness. Put the dummy back in your mouth so it can stop you from crying. When you grow up then come and play little weed.

Yeah cowardly is responding to you publicly, and not running to someone's profile so nobody sees it.

What a sad life you must live.

FlameThrower

Bench
Kodi Nikorima should be and always should have been our priority target to play in the halves. Him and Cherrington for the 9 jersey. I would also take Hastings over Keary.

That's a positive spin...I would not mind that.
Real shame our juniors in these key positions are not in the mix..

RedVDragon

Juniors
Yeah cowardly is responding to you publicly, and not running to someone's profile so nobody sees it.

What a sad life you must live.

Get over it loser take your skirt and play somewhere else Maximarse. When people like you quote about others leading sad lives you are that type of person who struts around envious of others more fortunate and successful than you. Wanker.

Latest posts