What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Edwards leaving Parra

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not making a political point here but I would be very surprised if one of those reasons was not raised with Ken and ultimately contributed to him moving on. If I was a betting man I would say it would probably have been the budget exceedance given it was mentioned in the media.

Significantly overspending on budgets or spending without seeking approval is definitely a sackable offence in my experience.

Good point, he made atleast 4 managerial appointments since his arrival with one of them being the interim CEO..

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Assault, theft, being under the influence of drugs or other misconduct are examples of grounds for instant termination. Simply not doing your job very well isn't.

+ setting kpis that are regularly failed is terminable

breaching constitution is possibly terminable

eg

everything in that list has grounds for reason and subsequent kpis to performance manage to a means of dismissal

if those kpis were already in place, there would be no mutual consent

Geronimo

Juniors
As I understand it, had the previous board, in particular, the previous chairman, held their position in the recent PLC elections, Ken Edwards employment at the Eels would of ceased a lot sooner.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
As I understand it, had the previous board, in particular, the previous chairman, held their position in the recent PLC elections, Ken Edwards employment at the Eels would of ceased a lot sooner.

Sounds like everyone wanted him gone. Hopefully we can hire a good CEO this time.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Sounds like everyone wanted him gone. Hopefully we can hire a good CEO this time.

I want a CEO who kicks us and gets results. Being a good bloke is icing on the cake. Being real smart is the creme. Being good looking like Hollywood Jesus are the strawberries on top.

Not making a political point here but I would be very surprised if one of those reasons was not raised with Ken and ultimately contributed to him moving on. If I was a betting man I would say it would probably have been the budget exceedance given it was mentioned in the media.

Significantly overspending on budgets or spending without seeking approval is definitely a sackable offence in my experience.

Which one of your avatars are you supposed to be? Gavin or Neville? Or Dominic (the bloke in the kaftan)?

bartman

Immortal
Lol... This is a month after Michelle Kheiran was dismissed and less than a week after 2 high profile employees walked out on the club...

Yup, sounds amicable to me... Lol
Why do we assume those staffing decisions and the CEO's departure are in any way linked?

I find it more plausible that it was a parting of the ways over differences re the ANZ Stadium strategy, given how close that place was to Ken's heart.

Interesting to read Geronimo's post indicating that Roy/3P would likely have gotten rid of Ken earlier - heavens, wouldn't we have needed an urgent fan forum and petition about unity then :lol:.

TheRam

Coach
I hope we do like the Dogs for once and hire the ageny they hire and that way we may get, for the first time ever someone that really is good at his or her job. Just for once. Please...please...please...please...please...please...please...:pray:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-lewis-side-of-the-story-20130720-2qb1w.html

Edwards exit was inevitable

This column has predicted over the last few weeks that time is almost up for Eels chief executive Ken Edwards. The poor treatment of media manager Michelle Keighran was the end of the road for him. She has significant support from players and other figures with sway at the club. There has been a reluctance from some big sponsors to get involved as well. Expect that to change in coming weeks.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why do we assume those staffing decisions and the CEO's departure are in any way linked?

I find it more plausible that it was a parting of the ways over differences re the ANZ Stadium strategy, given how close that place was to Ken's heart.

Interesting to read Geronimo's post indicating that Roy/3P would likely have gotten rid of Ken earlier - heavens, wouldn't we have needed an urgent fan forum and petition about unity then :lol:.

Lol

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So everyone agrees the board was right to sack Edwards.

Well done to the board. Not afraid to make the big decisions.