Ken Edwards new CEO

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by eloquentEEL, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

Well done to all involved!

Things finally seem on the up!

2. mrt_spec

mrt_spec Juniors

Two things I like about this appointment.

* We got a professional not a politician or an ex-football player
    * It wasn't leaked before it happened

3. Ollie Webb

Ollie Webb Juniors

The Board should be congratulated and proud of this appointment, Edwards will bring all the professionalism, commercial acumen and nous required for the role of CEO.

God help Parramatta Stadium in negotiations and he is no mug that will roll over to appease them because it has been our home ground for over 25 years.

There will be many exciting innovations to the Football Club and now we only need to bolster the playing squad over the next few years.

Excellent appointment and congratulations to the PNRL/Leagues Club Board!!

PS. Anyone notice less leaks since the appointment of Stuart??

4. forward pass

forward pass Coach

I posted this in November 2011 in http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=394359&page=5 -

All I am saying is the club have been after Ken Edwards for quite some time. I was given the tip 12 months ago the job was his - so my guess is the Stuart appointment sealed it.

Great appointment by the way.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. eels81236

eels81236 Bench

#JustSaying

6. I bleed blue & gold

I bleed blue & gold First Grade

Thats good mail.

7. whall15

whall15 Coach

He was very successful with this with both clubs although the backing of Tinkler mean't that prices were cut I think pretty dramatically.

8. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Well I will reserve my judgement on this one, but it has the potential to go either way. He certainly knows how to put the fear of God into people.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...a-man-of-mystery/story-e6frfgbo-1226285546337

Then there was the shock departure of "hired gun" Ken Edwards last week, which raised more than a few eyebrows.
    Edwards had been employed by Tinkler to deliver him the Knights and A-League club the Newcastle Jets.With that achieved, the former boss of ANZ Stadium had became a bolshy figure in Club Land.
    During last year's dispute between the 16 clubs and the NRL partnership over extra funding, he had carried up the ball like a hardened front-rower.
    According to chairmen and chief executives from other clubs, he had been deadly serious about snubbing the a new independent commission and forming a breakaway league - something Edwards has denied on the public record before.
    Some chairmen firmly believe he was acting under instruction from Tinkler, but The Daily Telegraph has been told this isn't so. In fact, it was one of the chief reasons why Edwards was pushed out the door. What is certain is that he had a poisonous relationship with Palmer, whom he hadn't spoken to for months.
    (Calls to Edwards yesterday went unanswered, although someone called "Ken Edwards" curiously started following this journalist on Twitter shortly after they were made).

9. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Don't know about Newcastle itself but my mail is HSG has been treading water for a long time, and the rumours about Tinky boy are even more unsettling for those working for him

10. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

I'm suss of any appointment this board makes. Their track record is dismal.

11. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Don't know about the Knights, but at the Jets he has been hugely successful in increasing memberships. They are second only to the Melbourne Victory.
    Victory have over 17000, the Jets are over 11000. As a comparison, Sydney FC have about 7000.

Suity

12. Jodeci

Jodeci Bench

Tony

If we are not making money at Parra Stadium due to reasons such as Security fees, venue hire, catering, lack of corporate hospitality, funding from the stadium, poor dressing room facilitles, not enough car parking, ticket prices, etc, then we cant justify to stay where we dont make money.

I can tell you straight from the top, the club doesn't want to move away from the Stadium cause it will effect the Leagues Club and the BGA Shop so you need to get that info right. Remebering the Leagues Club Board run the 1st Grade so in order for the Club to sustain, it would be in their best interest to keep everything at Parra.

The Leagues Club needs to Footy club to play at Parra cause for those 10 weeks of the year when we are at home, the Leagues Club is generally making some kind of money.

The 5 year agreement is up at Parra and hopefully Mr Edwards will strike a deal to remain us at Parra after the 2013 season

13. eel01s

eel01s Bench

Good signing IMO.

Gibbsy on 2UE mentioned that Parra were the big movers for next year. He said that with Stuart and now Edwards, they will be going all out to sign big names for 2014 (Tamou was mentioned), and that whatever happens in 2013 "will be a bonus".

14. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Good grief ME. this is the person who oversaw Todd Greenburg, and yet you find a reason to be pessimistic.

If you do turn up at a game to cheer on the Eels , you would no doubt have your hand over your mouth so you could tell someone it wasnt really you cheering them on. FMD :crazy:

15. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good. Must be concerning for Hunter fans that he's leaving the Tinkler group at a time that there is a (alleged) cash crisis for the said coal dude.

We've been spending some big cash on coaching staff and now office signings. Hope we can afford it. Are the pokies doing good ATM ?

16. Tony Bongo

Tony Bongo Bench

Thanks for that. I'm really interested in finding out the actual figures, price differences and what their membership packages included.

17. Sphagnum

Sphagnum First Grade

#Deathrider

:crazy:

18. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

he left Hunter in February

19. bartman

bartman Immortal

lol.

20. Sphagnum

Sphagnum First Grade

Probably not if you're playing them. The more 'multi-cultural' Parra becomes, the healthier the pokie revenue will be.