What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Edwards new CEO

bartman

Immortal
so is this also part of the reason membership renewals are late? so Ken can have look and see what incentives he can add to get new members and get current members renewing?
Here's hoping.
I was really impressed by this appointment, until I watched the interview on FoxSports.

The CEO should wear a tie for FFS - now i am not so impressed. :roll:
Not sure if serious.... also a fan of the Gladys Berijiklian City Rail uniform policy by chance?
Much easier with the best player in the world already on deck.
Have we signed Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk or Billy Slater? :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal

Edwards has grand plans for NRL Eels

Joe Barton AAP Mon, Oct 22, 2012 - 2:51 PM

New chief executive Ken Edwards has set himself the imposing task of turning NRL wooden spooners Parramatta into Australia's biggest sporting club.

It seems an onerous expectation to put on an Eels side which has struggled for success since the glory days of the 1980s, but on his first day on the job - Edwards made it clear he wouldn't tolerate mediocrity.
I guess that's bad news for those Eels fans who were willing to keep putting up with the mediocrity being dished out during Kearney's tenure, while he was still under contract?

You know who you were.... :nwave:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I guess that's bad news for those Eels fans who were willing to keep putting up with the mediocrity being dished out during Kearney's tenure, while he was still under contract?

You know who you were.... :nwave:

The same ones who put up with it under Smith, Hagan and Anderson?

strider

Post Whore
This appointment shows how much extra money is in the game thanks to the new tv deal. Clubs like Parra can now afford to pay some professionals to work in the head office without having to rely on a wealthy owner or massive leagues club.

OR .... maybe it's good we no longer have a coach who the board bent over for and gave him all he wanted - including total control and no football manager to get in the way

TheParraboy

Staff member
OR .... maybe it's good we no longer have a coach who the board bent over for and gave him all he wanted - including total control and no football manager to get in the way

come on man, he has rebuilt the club for decades of success to come :roll:

Tony Bongo

Bench
That's true. Real CEO's cost millions.

LOL yeah and we've used our spare millions on paying out Ando, Kearney, Osborne, Chris Anderson, Arthur and God knows who else not to mention the string of unfair dismissal cases. Hopefully we can finally put those days behind us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
word! .... i think everyone was kinda happy when the ossie thing happened .... tho many won't admit to it now

I have been happy with every personnel change at the top level of our club, going right back to Brian Smith.

None of them have managed to turn us into winners though. Hopefully Edwards and Stuart are the ones.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

So we had a string of quality CEOs before Kearney came to the club did we?

Suitman

Post Whore
word! .... i think everyone was kinda happy when the ossie thing happened .... tho many won't admit to it now

Don't know about everyone, but there were plenty that did. Most actually.
Happy to say I was one of them. Got it wrong too.
What I find amusing is the smart arses who also did, but now use it as ammuntion against the board.
They know who they are.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
So we had a string of quality CEOs before Kearney came to the club did we?

i don't really give a f-ck ... just a comment about how our board went against everything they had talked up to get into power (ie one ceo to rule them all) - and suddenly went with bob bently for everything when supercoach was running the show ..... we are clearly ok with paying the money - i don't think it's as much about tv rights deals as it is about politics/control

Tony Bongo

Bench
Don't know about everyone, but there were plenty that did. Most actually.
Happy to say I was one of them. Got it wrong too.
What I find amusing is the smart arses who also did, but now use it as ammuntion against the board.
They know who they are.

Suity

I was personally happy with what Osborne did in increasing our memberships and for what he did for the fans including helping set up a home supporters bay, having an open line of communication through Fanlink and fronting up at PESC meetings etc. Bob Bentley certainly dropped the ball on that front so I hope Edwards is open to engaging our supporters. Time will tell.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i don't really give a f-ck ... just a comment about how our board went against everything they had talked up to get into power (ie one ceo to rule them all) - and suddenly went with bob bently for everything when supercoach was running the show ..... we are clearly ok with paying the money - i don't think it's as much about tv rights deals as it is about politics/control

So they didn't care about getting re-elected early on?