What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Laban gives it to the Warriors

edabomb

First Grade
Ken Laban really gave the Warriors organisation a serve tonight on Radio Sport. He was saying about how Mick Watson is more interested in womans magazines than putting a winning team together, DA shouldn't be hosting a show on Radio Sport (controversy corner??), Cullen investments shouldn't be looking at a Super 12 franchise etc... A lot of people seem to have gone very cold on DA very quickly, every media reference seems to be about him and supposed fallouts. I dunno if its all true, but I reckon Richard Swain and Logan Swann should of been over for the test. Also after the game last night DA blamed the poor defensive lines on the guys body types, saying they can't be as quick as Aussie sides because of their body types. It was a pretty lame cop out, I think DA has to take some of the blame. I was just wondering what anyone who heard it thought?? Best of luck to your lot this year, Lauaki looks like a gun. Unless ofcourse you're playing the Raiders

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Cullen investments shouldn't be looking at a Super 12 franchise etc...

Ha! This doesn't affect the Warriors at all.

The Warriors are a branch of Cullen Investments..

NZ Warrior

First Grade
This is just typical of the NZ media. I don't know how many people I have ran into that have said "The Warriors should stop making commercials and start playing footy."

So we should all blame the commercials. It's the commercials that are ruining it for the Warriors obviously. These poeple do not have a clue, just like this Laban guy. He's probably pissed off that the Blues lost.

I think Daniel Anderson is just looking for something new to say rather than a new excuse. This is the sixth game they've lost out of 7, you can't reuse old material in such a short space of time.

I'm not getting on the "anti-Mr Anderson" bandwagon, because it's just going to end up in moronsville. DA can't be on the field, kicking the guys arse's when the chips are down. The players are the only ones who can get themselves out of this fine mess we're in.

Iafeta

Referee
I think the main issue for mine is more in the fitness area. So overweight and slow this season. They can't even run the first few paces because they worried about tripping over their cankles!

I suspect someone else in the organisation, who's specific role is fitness and speed needs a please explain meeting with Spiro Tsiros.

edabomb

First Grade
IanRitchie said:
Cullen investments shouldn't be looking at a Super 12 franchise etc...

Ha! This doesn't affect the Warriors at all.

The Warriors are a branch of Cullen Investments..

Yea but he was making the point they should worry more about their current investment, because the crowds will start dropping. I'm hoping for an excellent performance in 2 weeks against the Storm from your lot. I think top 8 can still be achieved, but another 2 losses on the trot could make it really hard. The Warriors have lost alot of experience the last couple years, Swann was a big loss IMO. Once Betham and PJ Marsh are backs you should string a few wins together, the team is lacking a bit of leadership from what I've seen.

playdaball

Bench
NZ Warrior said:
This is just typical of the NZ media. I don't know how many people I have ran into that have said "The Warriors should stop making commercials and start playing footy."

A lot of people said the same thing about Ellis and Ridge a few years ago. What did you think then NZ Warrior.
So we should all blame the commercials. It's the commercials that are ruining it for the Warriors obviously. These poeple do not have a clue, just like this Laban guy. He's probably pissed off that the Blues lost.

Do you know who Ken Laban is? He was a captian coach of the 'great' Wanuiomata team. He was also involved with the Dolphin's bid to get into the NRL a few years ago as well as RL media. He now does some RU commentaries for Sky.His comments echo thoughts that a lot of people are saying or thinking.

edabomb

First Grade
Yea he used to do a lot of league writing back when the Lion Red cup was going in The Evening Post. Him and Hugh McGahan both share similar viewpoints on the current happenings

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Exactly Ritchie, another lackie for Deakhead.

But come on guys seriously, the Warriors have made about 3 commercial for f**k sake. Now I can't see how that is meant to f**k up our season. It's a joke. And if a lot of people are thinking it is affecting their season, then there are a lot of idiots around, including Laban.

edabomb

First Grade
I think to be fair to DA the Warriors have lost alot of key players since the 2002 GF. Take Campion, Cleary, Swann, Tony and Carlaw to a degree out of any side and they would struggle. Plus the missing in action combo of Tookey and Hohaia are hardly helping. The Warriors are one of the few teams who could make a run at the comp from 7th or 8th IMO

Latest posts