What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy - A True Champion

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I don't know about anyone else in here but Ben Kennedy as a leader has impressed the sh!t out of me as a captain. He gets right behind his players and without his direction the Knights would be down there with Souths. It's one thing to have representative quality players in a side but it's another thing directing them around a park and setting a platform, perhaps this is what Knights were missing without Johns there and Kennedy has filled it with open arms. You probably just think i'm a bias dick but i think he deserves a wrap. But i think Sattler for Panthers plays a similiar role as does croker for Raiders ( he will be sorely missed).

dimitri

First Grade
i respected him

until yesterday

the ridiculous situation where he was accidently love tapped on the chin and he stayed down as if he was shot, then waited for "MR I live in the shire" video ref to give them a penalty.

then surprise surprise

next play he was taking the ball up again

obviously something he learnt in his YAWNION days

:roll: :roll: :roll:

KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
I don't know about anyone else in here but Ben Kennedy as a leader has impressed the sh!t out of me as a captain. He gets right behind his players and without his direction the Knights would be down there with Souths. It's one thing to have representative quality players in a side but it's another thing directing them around a park and setting a platform, perhaps this is what Knights were missing without Johns there and Kennedy has filled it with open arms. You probably just think i'm a bias dick but i think he deserves a wrap. But i think Sattler for Panthers plays a similiar role as does croker for Raiders ( he will be sorely missed).

Great player. He's really stepped up since Joey's been out.

But he argued with the ref a couple of weeks ago, and most posters here (esp Dragons and Eels fans) will tell you that makes you evil. :twisted:

quick sticks

Juniors
He goes down as my fav player by far. But it is very dissapointing that he misses so many games through injury, otherwise he would be putting so much pressure on the front runners of the dally m points. Even when Johns is captain Kennedy is the team motivational leader.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Kennedy is a good player but too injury prone. He would fit in well at Saints then. But then again, as someone who's tested positive to drugs he fits in better at Newcastle

Don't know about him as a leader though, he has to question every single call that goes against the Knights. Lucky he doesn't wave his hands...

Cheers,
Ben S.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
As a player, he really gets up for the big games (unfortunately that included the 2001 GF), and he is a great motivational leader for the Knights, with an ability to inspire and lift the team.

As a role model, he leaves a lot to be desired. IMO, he milks penalties, plays a bit dirty at times when he thinks no-one is looking, whinges about every decision that goes against him and was lucky not to be binned for dissent a couple of weeks ago, telling the ref to his face what he thought of his "sh!t decision".

Innconu

Juniors
dimitri said:
i respected him

until yesterday

the ridiculous situation where he was accidently love tapped on the chin and he stayed down as if he was shot, then waited for "MR I live in the shire" video ref to give them a penalty.

then surprise surprise

next play he was taking the ball up again

obviously something he learnt in his YAWNION days

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah and the player who cimmited that love tap has been sighted by Jim Hall 8) . Must have been more then a love tap considering he was bleeding from the mouth the next shot they took of him. The commissioner thought it was bad enough to warrant a charge huh :roll: ?