What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Points of Trial vs Knights

BIG RIG

Juniors
Just want to know what you guys will be looking for in today’s trial match ?

Im interested in seeing how Norman and Hunt play together in the halves

Also interested to see if throughout the game if McGregor alternates between fullbacks e.g Widdop, Dufty and even Field

hewi

Bench
Norman firstly, this bloke on his day is a gun, I hope he delivers. Then the prop rotation of Kerr and Timm. Lastly the Fijian flyer Ravalawa. I take off at kick off for Honolulu so hope there are lots of posts for me to read when I get there. Thanks in advance.

Dragsters

First Grade
Keen to to see how Hunt & Norman gel.

Jonus Pearson is the one I'm predicting/expecting big things from. Perhaps not first up but keen to see how he goes nonetheless...

Dragon66

Juniors
Seeing we are without Graham, Frizzell and DeBelin I'm looking forward to seeing how much punch we have up the middle.
We know how good our backline should be this year with Norman and Lomax (yes,after his performances in the finals last year, I believe it's a no brainer he starts) added to the starting lineup.

It's will be interesting to see how much extra fire power the ISP forwards provide for the squad.

Up the middle it's Simms, Timm, Lawrie and Kerr. On the edges Luc, Host and Ford.

Hopefully two or more (not counting Simms) will take the next step up to make a consistent impact at NRL level.

Robson will be interesting with talk (hypothetical) of possibly Hunt been part of the hooker rotation.

Hopefully Allgood and Latimore can get on with mentoring the forwards in the ISP during the season.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
TBH i'm more intetested to see how our ISP players perform as they have ti be our back-ups during the season. Watching a few of the other teams trial matches, it appears they have followed this plan.
I wouldnt expect to see more than 25-30 mins of our star players maybe even less. We will see more of them in the CS.
Scoreline also not that important win, lose or draw (unless we are given a complete bath by the Knights), i just want them to play some good enterprising football. The tone of our game is what i want to see.
That will do me for this game

SBD82

Coach
Hoping to see aitken given some time in the middle, as an indication that Mary is considering moving him from right centre.

Hoping not to see dufty playing in the middle, as an indication that Mary is not considering him for the 14 role.

Old Timer

Coach
At the game and so far the best thing is we are playing in the big red v
The ISP squad were minus the 10 or so who were selected in the main game squad so little to learn from that
In fact the same will probably apply to the first grade game as many will get little game time
Korbin looks a wild thing and Vaughan as fit as a fiddle
Strong starting line up and will be interested to see if Lomax gets frost bite

Crush

Coach
At the game and so far the best thing is we are playing in the big red v
The ISP squad were minus the 10 or so who were selected in the main game squad so little to learn from that
In fact the same will probably apply to the first grade game as many will get little game time
Korbin looks a wild thing and Vaughan as fit as a fiddle
Strong starting line up and will be interested to see if Lomax gets frost bite
Is it just me or does Lafai look injured already? He looks tired.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just back from enforced holiday.
Just turned the game on and saw were down 6-10 and almost halftime.

Hope the boys get it together in the second half.
C'om you red & Whites!!!!!!!

Footnote - The commentators are the pits!

Latest posts