What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KFC Twenty20 Big Bash

IanG

Coach
The competition starts today.
Both matches starting at 3pm local time. Not a bad idea, people can go to the cricket in the afternoon then have heaps of time to go out and rage the night away fro New Years Eve.

Bulls vs Bushrangers in Townsville
Warriors vs Tassie in Perth.

Also heard somewhere that with one of NSW's home matches Glenn McGrath was going to come out of retirement to raise money for the McGrath foundation. Which one is it?

willvillain

Juniors
It'd have to be one in Sydney, so either the Blues match against Queensland on the 8th or against WA on the 10th - which both have unconfirmed venues as far as I can work out so far.... Carn Pidge.

IanG

Coach
willvillain said:
It'd have to be one in Sydney, so either the Blues match against Queensland on the 8th or against WA on the 10th - which both have unconfirmed venues as far as I can work out so far.... Carn Pidge.
Both NSW home matches are at the Olympic Stadium (Telstra/ANZ)

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah I just noticed that - but I'll be just about off to the pub by then.

Could do with a bit of cricket in the meantime to tide me over.

Instead they've got replays of last night's soccer on Fox 1 which I've already seen, the USPGA Year in Review on Fox 2 and figure skating on Fox 3 ...

Bazal

Post Whore
WACAs got 188, Pomersbach went nuts with 79 off 45 deliveries, he looks a very promising player...could probably have got a hundred if Voges hadn't pinched the strike

VIC and TAS off to winning starts...SA vs NSW today

interestingly VIC are still undefeated in T20...3-0 in its first season, 5-0 (and a washout) last year and have started well this season.

IanG

Coach
wittyfan said:
Pomersbach is definitely the best young player at the moment! Go Pomers!!!
And let's not forget he's had a taste on international cricket already

the CA website was a joke yesterday for the QLD vs VIC match...some names were on the scorecard twice and some instead of others etc...

it seems as though Fox Sports News took the results there on face value and reported on Crosthwaite's superb effort with the bat making 34 as well as his effort with the ball taking 3/20 :oops:

surely someone at FSN would know tha Crosthwaite is a wicketkeeper???

D

Deleted member 10972

This is probably just a stpud idea IMO, but what would be good was for every 20/20 international match, you had to play a B team, essentially Australia A, so they can showcase young talent. But as a drawcard, one Aus main player can be picked.

Hodge
Pomersbach
D Hussey
Voges
White
McDonald
Haddin
Noffke
Bollinger
Cullen
Tait

I'd love to see that team take on any other Int team, would be great.