What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kicking a field goal?

viper

Juniors
I've tried endlessly kicking a field goal using the punt button as well as the bomb button. Has anyone successfully kicked a field goal during play?

Everytime i aim towards the posts and kick it directly bewteen them, the referee never gives me that 1 point. The ref ends up awarding the ball to the opposing side, and they start at their 20m line.

If anyone could help out and let me know how to achieve this, it would be greatful. Thanks.

tigergal

Juniors
yeh i have kicked heaps.. i find it really easy... i dunno why it doesnt work for u.. i just press triangle and o and then point the arrow in right direction, let go and over it goes...

incredible_holc

Juniors
yeh you have to press the punt and bomb button at the same time and if it goes through it will cut to a cut scene, hey last night i beat my mate 12-0 by just doing fieldgoals

izzo

Juniors
Thansk for that Tip Im now getting field goals like you have never seen before.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I had Darren Lockyer hit a 49 metre field goal to break a deadlock between Souths and Brisbane, from dummy half.

I prefer going for the goals from dummy half, because normally im facing the right direction.

devonuto

Juniors
Also using the drop goal style across field also works better than putting up a bomb when searching for your wingers in-goal.

The bomb is useless, it never goes as deep as you aim, even when using a player with full 10 stats.

XBOX Kid

Juniors
I know what you mean with the bomb thing. Most times when i put one up it usually doesnt go where i intended it to go.....sometimes not even close

....and this is with Joey Johns.... :-s

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Funny, i put up a bomb with the Souths halfback and it landed right on the spot...pity i didn't have anyone under it... :doubt:

P.J.

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
I had Darren Lockyer hit a 49 metre field goal to break a deadlock between Souths and Brisbane, from dummy half.

I prefer going for the goals from dummy half, because normally im facing the right direction.

First Tallis rips it out with 8 seconds to go in REAL LIFE to beat us. Now Lockyer is dropping 49 metre field goals in VIRTUAL LIFE to beat us.

Is there anywhere Souths CAN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
:p

29-22 to the Broncos, tied up 12 all at half time - the field goal made it 13-12

I'll play the return match at Aussie as Souths

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I've only got 1 field goal and it was in the grand final i was Panthers i played the Roosters and won 13-12, it was a great match.

Razor

Coach
viper said:
Everytime i aim towards the posts and kick it directly bewteen them, the referee never gives me that 1 point. The ref ends up awarding the ball to the opposing side, and they start at their 20m line.

I kick them all the time.

Your problem is you aren't kicking field goals.

In Rugby League(real life) you can't score a field goal from a punt kick or bomb, only from a drop kick.

So press both kick buttons at once to kick a field goal.

ripper

Jonny Wilkinson made a suprise Cameo in Great Britan. Kicked 4 penalaties and 3 field goals. Then I bought him off

Eddie.

Bench
My first and only field goal to date secured a 23-22 over manly at brookvale

go those tiges, moving up the ladder

for some reason when i play as my mighty tigers, i can beat anyone on seasoned difficulty - except manly! i allways have trouble with manly for some reason :?

Latest posts