What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking - Sandow or Burt

SharkShocked

Bench
Hey Guys,

Thought you would know the answer to this one as a few mates are trying to find out who will kick for you guys this year, Fantasy team crises etc :)

I would have thought Burt is a shoe in to retain the goal kicking duties... can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks guys... best of luck for the year.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd tell your mate to pick goalkicker from a different team who is a shoe in for kicking duties, ie. a Michael Gordon.

Suitman

Post Whore
Pick Cameron Smith as your hooker, or Thurston as your half, and then you have both.

Suity

SharkShocked

Bench
Yeah that's what i said.

But he was just checking.... may have been considering Burt as a winger, then you need to take into account kicker points etc.

Michael Gordon is usually a shoe in, seems to be causing a bit of a ruckus with the pennies atm over his position.

SharkShocked

Bench
Sorry i should specify, this is for NRL Ceo, so its a player draft system and you can't all have the same player, hence the question.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sorry i should specify, this is for NRL Ceo, so its a player draft system and you can't all have the same player, hence the question.

What's NRL Ceo? I used to like playing that old virtualnrl where you had to bid for players against others.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
If I was picking a fantasy team I wouldn't be banking on either of them, but Sandow is the better kicker, is most likely to keep his spot barring injury, and is a cocky little bastard who's likely to stick it straight over the black dot when the game's on the line.

So Sandow.

SharkShocked

Bench
If I was picking a fantasy team I wouldn't be banking on either of them, but Sandow is the better kicker, is most likely to keep his spot barring injury, and is a cocky little bastard who's likely to stick it straight over the black dot when the game's on the line.

So Sandow.

That really isn't helpful.

If they are both fit and both starting players - who is doing the kicking.

I can't see a stalwart like Burt being dropped unless he is performing terribly and if so he would probably have enough pride to drop himself or retire.

Are they likely to persuade Sandow not to take up the kicking duties to ease the pressure on him. etc

Those are the concerns.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sandow for mine, he seems to thrive on kicking the big goals. We brought him here on the big bucks and he is the better goal kicker. No Brainer for mine but Burty is a more than handy back up.

bartman

Immortal
Simple - make sure they both do plenty of kicks at training through the week, and whoever gets the best percentage that week kicks in that weekend's game.

That way they both get equal practice at it, and either is there ready to step in on gameday if there's an injury. A bit of healthy competition never hurts things either.

Simple - make sure they both do plenty of kicks at training through the week, and whoever gets the best percentage that week kicks in that weekend's game.

That way they both get equal practice at it, and either is there ready to step in on gameday if there's an injury. A bit of healthy competition never hurts things either.

or you could let them keep kicking until they miss one then the other takes over