What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
:lol:

Julian Dicks, what a headcase. Last I heard, he'd took up a career in golf, with hopes of going pro. Haven't heard much since. Mustn't have materialised.

County top of the table. Manager of the month award. 100% home record. Unbeaten :shock: . The only way is down now!

Why are Kiddy playing on Friday night? It's not a SKY match, is it?

Anyway, a win could take us into the play off zone, so GO KIDDY! :D

nostalgia

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
:lol:

Julian Dicks, what a headcase. Last I heard, he'd took up a career in golf, with hopes of going pro. Haven't heard much since. Mustn't have materialised.

County top of the table. Manager of the month award. 100% home record. Unbeaten :shock: . The only way is down now!

Why are Kiddy playing on Friday night? It's not a SKY match, is it?

Anyway, a win could take us into the play off zone, so GO KIDDY! :D
Paul, jolly good to hear from you!
Harriers are playing on a Friday night because of the England vs Wales match on Saturday.
As it happens, Harriers beat Canvey and earn 3 points!
Its a brilliant start for the Harriers.
Good luck to County: I'm sure that you and I will meet up for a beer one day!

nostalgia, with luv

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Ah yes, I realised after I posted it that it was internationals weekend.

Another 3 points in the bag, good work Harriers!

We will meet up for that beer, for sure. I'm moving out in 2 weeks to live in Liverpool. So I'm hoping Kiddy get Everton/Pool away in the cup later this year so I can finally watch them in action :)

chileman

Coach
:( I wish I was in a position to see Kiddy live....ah well someday!

Great to get another win though :alcho: with Manly making it into the top 8 it was a good weekend all round.....oh, except the Parklands Eagles were eliminated from the semis after a 2-0 loss :cry: a long wait till next season now!

bucko

Juniors
Sounds like the Harriers escaped against Canvey on the weekend in extraordinary circumstances...the shaymen got done 1-0 against Stevenage, but I don't think it's too bad a result, Stevenage have been scoring freely, and they only put one past us on the weekend.

How good are Gravesned playing right now?! Looks like Liam Daish must have turned a corner, cos it would seem to me they're punching well above their weight.

nostalgia

Juniors
The Harriers did, indeed, use their "get out of jail" card against Canvey. But what a cracker of a finish (1-2 down at 90 minutes, their 'keeper gives away a penno and gets sent off, Harriers equalize, then our chap goes and strikes a corker from 25 yards). Makes a nice change for us to be on the right end of this sort of thing :roll: .

Dunno about Gravesend, but Grays are a bit of a surprise (although they are the "Chelsea" of the Conference this year with a sugar-daddy behind them and a bigger budget than the rest of us). Top of the table and next up for them is a homer against, er, Kiddy Harriers. We must take many gallons of Aggborough Soup on our travels ....;-)

As for Parklands Eagles, there's always next season, Chileman. And I'm pretty sure we'll be sharing a dose of the Aggborough Soup one of these days \\\\:D/

Its jolly good to have our old chums (Raiders Ultra and Paul the County!) on here. Its like an old fellas' reunion on here every season. One day, we'll all meet up for an Aggborough Soup and a pint or 6!

nostalgia

Juniors
Bucko, send me your postal address on the "private message" facility and I'll see if I can maybe send you a copy of the Non-League Paper for your radio spot (and maybe something from Kiddy to convert you from being a shayman)!

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Dunno about Gravesend, but Grays are a bit of a surprise (although they are the "Chelsea" of the Conference this year with a sugar-daddy behind them and a bigger budget than the rest of us). Top of the table and next up for them is a homer against, er, Kiddy Harriers. We must take many gallons of Aggborough Soup on our travels ....;-)

As for Parklands Eagles, there's always next season, Chileman. And I'm pretty sure we'll be sharing a dose of the Aggborough Soup one of these days \\\\:D/
Well I always wanted to see Kiddy knock over Chelsea....guess beating Grays would be the next best thing :D Look forward to that Aggborough soup one day amigo...just hope I can still have my own teeth and hair when that time comes :lol:

chileman

Coach
The one that got away.....damn own goals! :? Good to see Christie on song though and I guess a draw away is better than nothing :alcho: Good to see Halifax had a big victory too!

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, the Own Goal was in the 96th minute when John Danby (our 'keeper) took a corner with 2 hands only to somehow drop the ball and let it go over the line :( . Ah well, I'm just glad that the c**k-ups I make at my workplace are not so public :?:: .

Chileman, I reckon that you and I wil be supping the old Aggy Soup one of these days and that we will be putiing the whole world to rights :hg: .

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Chileman, the Own Goal was in the 96th minute when John Danby (our 'keeper) took a corner with 2 hands only to somehow drop the ball and let it go over the line . Ah well, I'm just glad that the c**k-ups I make at my workplace are not so public .

Chileman, I reckon that you and I wil be supping the old Aggy Soup one of these days and that we will be putiing the whole world to rights.
Are you supping on some now amigo :alcho: :thumn geez that makes it even worse to think we had the game in the bag and litertally dropped it over the line :?

nostalgia

Juniors
I'm actually supping on a 10 year old Auchentoshan, a single malt (but its nowhere near as potent as the Aggy Soup).

Do you know, but I reckon this season is gonna be fun!

chileman

Coach
So how do you think we'll go against Gravesend after our loss to the Shaymen :( looks like we are starting our midseason slump early :roll:

nostalgia

Juniors
chileman said:
So how do you think we'll go against Gravesend after our loss to the Shaymen :( looks like we are starting our midseason slump early :roll:
Gravesend? Could be a Graveyard for Harriers :cry: .

We seem to have lost the plot after having made such a promising start to the season.

Perhaps now is the time to start a 20-match unbeaten run ;-) and to toss a fresh carcase in to the Aggborough Soup cauldron :-k .

nostalgia

Juniors
So what do I know about footie? - the Harriers won 2-1 at Gravesend ;-) .

We have a game at bottom-placed Crawlety Town on Tuesday - surely that's 3 points inthe bag and worth a place in a play-off spot? Er, isn't it?

Word is that the Aggborough Soup is undergoing tests and is about to be launched globally - could soon be on your local supermarket shelves down in Aussieland \\\\:D/ . A word of warning: Aggborough Soup is best imbibed with a liberal undertaking of GlamRock on the stereophonic system (preferably a bit of T-Rex or Sweet) and with a mixer involving a generous Ricard or Pernod. Failing that, a decent single malt will. of course, suffice: I have an 18 years old Glenlivet in my glass at the moment and its a wonderful cure for my arthritis :cool: . Nostalgia is only 22 years old and has yet to start shaving ....

chileman

Coach
:lol: Classic stuff, Aggborough soup has now become a fountain of youth also :D

Good win and hopefully that turns things around for us amigo....if Blackburn can beat ManU then surely we can climb out of the conferences and be playing ManU in 3rd Div in 3 years time :p

nostalgia

Juniors
chileman said:
:lol: Classic stuff, Aggborough soup has now become a fountain of youth also :D

Good win and hopefully that turns things around for us amigo....if Blackburn can beat ManU then surely we can climb out of the conferences and be playing ManU in 3rd Div in 3 years time :p

And, boy, did Blackburn stuff Man U :clap:

You know, I love footie. Its a game in which a TEAM of nobodys can defeat an opposing side with greater individual talents. Speaking personally, I was never any good as a footie player. Instead, I was always a Rugby Union player and really enjoyed playing until I had a big injury in my early-thirties. But, I do believe that footie is the more fun game to watch and that it is less predictable (in RU, for example, there is far less uncertainty about the outcome of a particular game once you have had a chance to look at the relative strengths of any 2 sides in the key areas).

Harriers play lowly Crawley Town (thats the place where London's Heathrow Airport is located) on Tuesday night (27th September). I'm afraid I'll be watching Dereham Town that night (Dereham is my local side here in Norfolk) but I'll have the radio on for the Kiddy score. 3 points to Kiddy wou;ld be brilliant ...

By the way, I lied about being just 22 years old. However, its true that I have yet to start shaving :^o