What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran claims he will not follow Des Hasler to Bulldogs despite get-out-clause

Manly playmaker Kieran Foran had a get-out clause inserted into his contract because of his high regard for premiership-winning coach Des Hasler, but claims it doesn't mean he'll follow him out the door.

Canterbury-Bankstown on Saturday confirmed one of the NRL's greatest coaching coups by announcing Hasler had signed a $3 million four-year deal from 2013.

Foran, a key player in the Sea Eagles' grand final win just over a week ago, is one of several players to have contract clause allowing them to leave the club should Hasler depart.

Brett Stewart, off-contract anyway in 2013, and fellow clients of high-profile agent George Mimis - Jamie Lyon, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite and David Williams - are also believed to be free to leave the club upon Hasler's exit.

Asked on Monday why he had the get-out clause written into his contract, Foran said: "Probably because I rate Des Hasler as a very good coach.

"But at the end of the day I think everyone knows just how good a coach he is.

"But I'm at Manly I'm very happy there, it's a great club."

The rumour mill has been in overdrive since the news of the 'Hasler clause' surfaced, but Foran maintained he was happy at the Sea Eagles.

"Look it's all speculation, I'm very happy at Manly, I love the Manly club and I'd like to continue my playing future there," the New Zealand international said.

But the 21-year-old five-eighth says news of Hasler's imminent exit breaking just days after Manly lifted the premiership trophy had taken the shine off the triumph.

"It wasn't great timing to be honest we were all on a pretty good high after the win against the Warriors and it came crashing down soon after with the news about Dessie leaving," Foran said.

"We all love Dessie, we wanted him to hang around for many years to come but it's not to be so it was a pretty sober mood after that news.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...e-get-out-clause/story-fn2mcuj6-1226163198241

koal4e

Juniors
I read the same story at NRL.com - Foran not tempted

I hope he does stay for Manlys sake but you never know what can happen in the world of NRL...this story could be shortlived.

dikefalos

Juniors
Being a manly tragic for 30 odd years now i really hate posting this but the rumours are getting stronger by the day that this club is being ripped appart by the dogs with the likely loses of both Crusher & Foran & more to follow, with a dysfunctional front office, i dont know what anyone is doing to stop this. Geez I know Des really loves the club but if these rumours are true he is doing us no favours at the moment.

woodyk2

First Grade
I actually wish Dessie would bugger off already....try and bring some stability of some sort.

fred95

Juniors
I saw both Foran and Watmough being interviewed separately on T.V. regarding their intentions of staying with the Manly club after the 2012 season, they both said they would stay. Watmough looked sincere and convinced me that he would never leave Manly, unlike Foran who gave me the impression he would leave the club if a better offer came his way. Foran on being pressed by the journalist shrugged his shoulders, muttering, oh come on you're putting me on the spot now.

Sameagle

Juniors
All of these dilemmas have gotten stronger since perry came on board.
If anyone is going to leave I wish this bloody merkin would take a hint and bugger off.

Also just curious, what role is Melinda gainsford Taylor doing for the club?

All of these dilemmas have gotten stronger since perry came on board.
If anyone is going to leave I wish this bloody merkin would take a hint and bugger off.

Also just curious, what role is Melinda gainsford Taylor doing for the club?

She's the token woman board member.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Watmough will never play against Manly. The guy already has 200+ games for the club.

ESL is a possibility once he's over thirty, but that's it.

dikefalos

Juniors
Cleal is gone expect an announcement on Foran going to the bulldogs before the end of 2012.

Scarves

Juniors
Manly's great strength since the death of the Northern Eagles has been the identification of fresh young under rated talent... And then, their subsequent professional, high performance development. The development of both a players ability and character has filled the crucial positions of 1, 6, 7 and 9.

The loss of the current Des Hasler & Noel Cleal coaching and talent spotting combination (not to mention the many other crucial cogs) could well be a catastrophic kaboom for the Kingdom that is the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. It now appears certain that whether or not the new COO David Perry is, or could have been good for our club, the damage done by both his and the boards recent decisions (and obvious non decisions) is absolutely irreparable.

Last edited:

dikefalos

Juniors
My mail is now that foran & the Stewart brothers will follow Des I hope my mail is wrong. When will the bleeding end, I can't thank Des enough for our recent success but if he leaves Manly a carcas his place as a manly great will be severely diminished in my eyes

zombie jesus

Staff member
I am sick of all this. Really could not give a f**k what happens anymore, not like it will change anything. I love Manly, I'll support them no matter what. If ego and cash is going to rip this club apart then so be it. The maroon and white will still be here and we'll carry on, we've already been to hell and back, this is a walk in the park in comparison.

caspersparks

Juniors
stewart brothers going??? i can see foran leaving but damn, if they go they really have little respect for the manly fans.. i understand the board are making things difficult, but u'd like to think they are trying to improve things after the des departure. Important core players KNOW how much they mean to the fans, shit brett is the "prince" of brookvale.. if they leave - i personally would feel disgusted.

MSIH

Bench
f**k dikefalos knows his shit too. Both Stewarts? f**k. I expect Foran to bail.

MSIH

Bench
My mail is now that foran & the Stewart brothers will follow Des I hope my mail is wrong. When will the bleeding end, I can't thank Des enough for our recent success but if he leaves Manly a carcas his place as a manly great will be severely diminished in my eyes

Diminished? He's done his dash in my books already.

Latest posts