What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran signing won’t force Michael Lichaa out of Bulldogs

Dogs Of War

Coach
THE Kieran Foran to Canterbury whispers grow louder, but hooker Michael Lichaa won’t be moved on to accommodate any potential move for the troubled Parramatta star.

That’s the message out of Belmore amid reports Lichaa has been told he is free to look elsewhere with one season remaining on his contract.

The former Cronulla junior’s departure would allow the Bulldogs to move Moses Mbye to hooker, leaving the five-eighth position open for Foran.

However, The Daily Telegraph has received assurances from a senior Bulldogs official they have no intentions of releasing Lichaa before his current contract expires at the end of next year.

The hooker’s manager Sam Ayoub reinforced this message when contacted last night.

c07acf51b016cc68b2fd8c30b7e970bf

Michael Lichaa is staying put at the Canterbury Bulldogs. Picture: Mark EvansSource:News Corp Australia

“I’ve spoken to Des a few times in the last few days and not for one second at any day has he mentioned Lichaa in any way,” Ayoub said.

“There is absolutely no truth in it (being shopped around) at all — zero.”

Lichaa won’t be going anywhere, while his opposite at hooker at ANZ Stadium on Friday night is hoping to follow suit.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ki...s/news-story/50e6b46236c52c0bbc78a5b8b65da1f3

Reading this. I hope Liccha goes. I think Mbye or Reynolds out of hooker would be better, if we had someone like Foran in our side. Would add another kicking option, and both Reynolds and Mbye would be great out of dummy half.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm on the other side of this DoW.

I don't want Foran at the 'Dogs from an off-field POV. He's had nothing but drama since joining the Eels and if the same issues persist then I don't think he's a better fit.

On-field he's superb and I'm sure he'd do the job but off-field, I have my concerns and sadly they too often affect on-field. He also seems injury prone.

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

Im on the fence between the two posters above.

First, iI hate Lichaa and think hes the worst first grade hooker in the comp. JoshReynolds would be ten times better, and even Mason Mbye, by your own suggestion.

That said, i also agree with poster 2 that Foran is soft, very weak minded and has proven nothing but trouble. Im hearing that there is potentially a gambling related story there, but who knows. More than anything, unless he's come to us o nthe cheap, his salary cap percentage wont be worth it.

I wonder if Robbie Farah, to replace Livhaa for two years, is the answer?

lafai

Bench
Please keep Robbie away from this club. As for Foran, as long as his asking price isn't too much I'd sign him despite all the off field stuff. He's young which helps. Plus we've seen how Hoppa has done since leaving the Eels. The club is cancerous.

Barkley

Bench
Foran's off field issues would be a big concern although I think Des could help Foran with that.

IF...(big IF) Foran does come to the Dogs, I would rather see Reynolds at hooker, Mbye at 7 and Foran at 6.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Foran's off field issues would be a big concern although I think Des could help Foran with that.

IF...(big IF) Foran does come to the Dogs, I would rather see Reynolds at hooker, Mbye at 7 and Foran at 6.

If Foran is doing what he needs to do off the field to deal with it, and having gone through a divorce, I can say it's hard to have your mind in the right place and it takes time to deal with. But at the same time, getting back into a team next year is something he will be doing cause that helps as well, just not while it's so fresh in your mind.

I went through a couple of jobs within 12mths, cause my heart/mind just wasn't there, but once I got through it I was back to kicking arse again.

Hopefully Foran looks at everything and works out that a coach who is a good mentor is the top of the list of places we wants to be.

As for Reynolds at hooker, I disagree, Reynolds is a poor hooker, just too slow to deliver the ball. I think Mbye with his running game and age would be a better option. Reynolds is a better kicker as well.

BM1979

Juniors
Don't want Foran. I don't like the idea of Mbye at Hooker either . He is a running five eighth which is exactly what Reynolds is although I think Mbye has a better passing game and is much more direct in his running.

We need a half back but Foran is too much of a risk. We took a risk with Williams and it has backfired big time. I don't want to pay big money for Foran with the issues he has.

Hawkins

Juniors
I'm surprised his name has come up so soon after the walk out. You'd think he'd skip a year at least.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Don't want Foran. I don't like the idea of Mbye at Hooker either . He is a running five eighth which is exactly what Reynolds is although I think Mbye has a better passing game and is much more direct in his running.

We need a half back but Foran is too much of a risk. We took a risk with Williams and it has backfired big time. I don't want to pay big money for Foran with the issues he has.

I think Foran proved that when he changed clubs he was still able to produce, and seems to improve those around him a lot. So I think it's a very small risk, and the Bulldogs would be ensuring that he had the support he requires.

We do need a halfback in a big way.

The Doc

Juniors
Mbye at hooker? Didnt he just re-sign for 750k a year?
That would put him in the elite hooker department... which he is no where near.
And foran wont come cheap... he was on 1.25 mill a year. TPAs will help u guys heaps but he wont be on the books for less then 800k.
With the 2 morris boys contracts (b.moz 600k and j.moz 550k)... hoppas contract (600k)... mbyes contract(750k)... grahams contract (750k)... klemmers contract (750k).. jacksons contract (700k)... kasianos contract (600k)... reynolds (450k)... eastwood (500k)... lychaa (330k)... plus the likes of tolman, rona, perrett... they would surely be on 250k-300k... plus a few 150k-200k players to round out the 17... then a few 100k-120k players to make the top 25...
Now granted TPAs play there part... but that wont leave enough room to sign a Foran...
And i havnt included williams as he is leaving already... so his money cant be counted.
U boys would have to shed 2 or 3 name first graders besides williams to get foran.
If u guys do manage to get foran... ill be dammed... 2017 will be ur year with the team u got.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Once you start speculating on each player's worth I stop reading.

You have less clue about that than I do about rocket science or brain surgery.

Latest posts