What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran, worst signing in the history of the game...

isaiah

Bench
I have always thought that Adam Blair wherever he went first after the storm. Like an East African with one good marathon time:!travel the world and pick up chqs for a few years.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Might be a controversial one but Ben Hunt to the Dragons could be one of the worst high profile signings in modern times. Given 1.1 million a year over 5 years despite being a solid player with occasional glimpses of brilliance.

2018 the Dragons make the finals and go close to a preliminary final against the Roosters. Widdop goes down and Hunt has his chance to steer the Dragons to the prelim and can't get it done against a Souths team that was pretty horrible on the night. If you all recall Hunt cost his team the game also when he ran from I believe halfway giving Souffs the ball on their own 40 which then saw them march down field and kick the winning field goal...

2019 the Dragons finish second last when Widdop goes down leaving Hunt to steer the team. Dragons are woeful losing plenty of close encounters and getting blown out of the water by only slightly above average teams. Has a few good games against average or poor sides but generally is average or bad himself.

Dragons still stuck with him until 2023. 2020 season will see him as their primary playmaker just like he was this year and I'd say he'll stay in that spot until 2023. Can't see much coming Dragons way with this 1.1 million dollar flop leading them around.

He seems to play well for Queensland in the hooker position but he's again his average self when playing for Australia also. Keary went down in the 2018 game against New Zealand and Hunt once again had the chance to steer the side with DCE and got a kicking by them. Now he's somehow viewed as the best bench utility in the country (By Australian selectors) which I also disagree with...

This needs to be updated to include 2020.....

Xcalibre

Juniors
Gotta give it to old Foz, he’s a determined focker.

Played like a man possessed since hitting the big time, went through a tough time personally for several months. Come back and had a million mild to serious injuries since.

Sure he’s gotten paid handsomely for it, but you’ve got to admire his commitment.

He is still a great performer when fit and he deserves to have an injury free season from here on in, but the chances of that would be Buckley’s.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Gotta give it to old Foz, he’s a determined focker.

Played like a man possessed since hitting the big time, went through a tough time personally for several months. Come back and had a million mild to serious injuries since.

Sure he’s gotten paid handsomely for it, but you’ve got to admire his commitment.

He is still a great performer when fit and he deserves to have an injury free season from here on in, but the chances of that would be Buckley’s.

I would be committed if I made a million a year.

SBD82

Coach
At least he has injuries as an excuse, what about Ben Hunt.
Yep.

When he’s fit, Foran he is in the conversation for best half in the comp.

I’d still say he’s a bad buy, but it’s because his body lets him down, not because of a lack of skill or heart.

Wests is Best

Juniors
Good thread. Some players have been taking the pi$$ over the years thats for sure. Whilst others have had bad luck. I would love to see the incentive based contract make a comeback. At least if half the contract was performance/result based and the other half as a retainer.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
At least he has injuries as an excuse, what about Ben Hunt.

That makes him an even worse signing. When the dogs signed Foran everyone knew he was riddled with injuries and would never get back to his best and would probably struggle to stay on the Park.

Agree though that paying Hunt that much was idiotic and was a guaranteed back fire waiting to happen.

Canard

Immortal
Anthony Watts was supposed to be a big name signing for the Roosters. I am not sure he played a game.

A big name signing? A utility signed from a woeful Cowboys side who played mainly off the bench.

The guy was a Matthew Lodge level deadshit, but I think you might be using a bit of hyperbole there.