What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killzone 2

Shoooter

Juniors
Has anybody else been following this game?

Looks amazing, definetly going to be one of the best looking games out. Question remains, is the gameplay going to let it down?

MC DUI

Juniors
Hopefully it delivers, the first game on the PS2 was just terrible, I tried to get into it but it was just so clunky and boring.

Definitely one that I will buy for my PS3 if it matches the hype.

bulldog

Bench
Given the Killzone pre-rendered fiasco I'll wait to see the real thing before I believe any of the screenshots or videos are authentic in game grabs.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
yeah the possibility of a PS3 gameplay problem is my concern. they've been talkinng this one up for a while so hopefully they do a good job of it

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Given the Killzone pre-rendered fiasco I'll wait to see the real thing before I believe any of the screenshots or videos are authentic in game grabs.

They are in game now, the new videos are actually being played in front of the people who are recording them. All pre-rendered footage ceased after E3 2007.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34200.html

That's the latest video of it, that's all in game being played in front of the journalists. Looks pretty amazing IMO.

Caged Panther

First Grade
This game undoubtedly has potential, I like the Killzone universe but I have read a few previews that give me some pause for concern certainly when you read comments like this

Elsewhere, however, it looks like Killzone 2 may be dangerously close to embarking upon the same road as its predecessor in offering ambience to the detriment of its other aspects. Traipsing through the level at hand, we come across an alarming number of crates, which although are all the better for showing off the cover system, belie some uninspired level design.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872009p2.html

Still there is a long way until this one gets released so bit early to be making too many judgements