What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Gutho

Jersey No 14

Juniors
My thinking
Yes.
He could spent the next couple of years teaching (on Field) our very green youngsetr how to play.
also this will give them time to hard into men - I see too much of a boy band.

dungay dragon

Juniors
My thinking
Yes.
He could spent the next couple of years teaching (on Field) our very green youngsetr how to play.
also this will give them time to hard into men - I see too much of a boy band.
Quality , inspirational, passionate Club Player wanting Origin Money...
Only at the right price..
Would rather have a crack at another Eel Dylan Brown ...
Havent seen the best of him yet
Mite improve heaps being away from the dominating Moses

blacksafake

First Grade
Quality , inspirational, passionate Club Player wanting Origin Money...
Only at the right price..
Would rather have a crack at another Eel Dylan Brown ...
Havent seen the best of him yet
Mite improve heaps being away from the dominating Moses
I think Brown would make a very good centre.

denis preston

First Grade
Cant help but think there are a lot of young players out there that have already started to show their potential. To pick 3 of these up to complement the experience we already have and the youth we also have , would be my way of going instead of paying 1 million on one overrated player and a plodder. Centre with speed and 2 forwards would certainly at worst help our depth and at best fill the pieces in the jigsaw.

Gareth67

First Grade
I recall when Souths were at a very low ebb and they went all out and lured Roy Asotasti from the Bulldogs to their club .

He cost them a quid , but they finally had the cornerstone of a forward pack and they built upon that . They never looked back after his acquisition and other big name - quality players followed .

Gutherson would do likewise for the Dragons , more so our back line that has been screaming out for a true attacking and defensive fullback . He wishes to be involved in every play , non stop action from him for the full 80 minutes .

The time has well and truly passed for St.George Illawarra to make a signing that would have a significant impact upon their teams standing in the game - to become a force once again . The middle -of - the -road players that we do sign will never get us into the 8 on a regular basis .

Time for our board to make a decision that will bear fruit for a change , it will cost some big dollars , however the reward will be there for years to come .

Last edited:

Jersey No 14

Juniors
So with that being the case - mind you he puts in for Parra every week
What f**kwit would you have wear the Red V?
Keeping in mind the last decade (already) since we won the last comp.
Our boy band backs are far too green.
They will be are already are being savaged

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
giphy.gif

Gareth67

First Grade
I would not pay his asking price of $1mil a season neither , however I would however pay $700k - $750k . Why ? For the reasons which I stated in my previous post , plus his invaluable experience to our young guns .

The Dragons need a way out of this deep hole which is packed with other ‘ also rans ‘ of the competition . We are not going anywhere fast at the moment nor will we until we acquire some quality players .

I am merely another Dragon fan that has had enough of sub par performances which constantly brings disappointment at seasons end , which has now been the case for too many years .

Time to see some light at the end of that tunnel of disappointment .

Last edited:
At $600K per year he's a great player.
At $1mil a year he's a terrible player.

If you catch my drift, plus I don't think we need him.
Agreed. There are at least 6 fullbacks in the comp better than him IMO

Trbojevic
Tedesco
Tuivasa Scheck (yes, off to RU)
Papenhuyzen
Ponga
Mitchell

That puts him mid-tier for me.

I can’t stand some of his mannerisms but can’t fault his guts and effort… the bloke has errors in him but he does lead by example, never slackens off.

I wouldn’t sign him, given the supposed asking price and we’d then have another huge cap imbalance with well over $2m on 2 players…

What annoys me more now is that we are turning into Canterbury…Any player coming off contract we are talking about in here.

I honestly couldn’t see him being approached, nor accepting a contract with us. I think he wants a comp…. But at his asking price that’ll blow him out of the water with any team having a decent shot…

SBD82

Coach
I would not pay his asking price of $1mil a season neither , however I would however pay $700k - $750k . Why ? For the reasons which I stated in my previous post , plus his invaluable experience to our young guns .

The Dragons need a way out of this deep hole which is packed with other ‘ also runs ‘ of the competition . We are not going anywhere fast at the moment nor will we until we acquire some quality players .

I am merely a Dragon fan that has had enough of sub par performances which constantly brings disappointment which has now been the case for too many years .
Some players build their careers from pure ability. Some do it from footy smarts. Some do it through sheer hard work.

The rare ones build their careers through two or all three. Those are the only players worth >$700k.

Gutho works hard. I’ll give him that. He’s achieved much more in his career than his ability deserved. I don’t like him. But good on him.

But he’ll never be elite. I think he has already peaked. He’ll lose a yard of pace and his effort won’t matter.

Gareth67

First Grade
Some players build their careers from pure ability. Some do it from footy smarts. Some do it through sheer hard work.

The rare ones build their careers through two or all three. Those are the only players worth >$700k.

Gutho works hard. I’ll give him that. He’s achieved much more in his career than his ability deserved. I don’t like him. But good on him.

But he’ll never be elite. I think he has already peaked. He’ll lose a yard of pace and his effort won’t matter.

I do understand what you are saying SBD82 , however I suppose what I was attempting to say is whether it is Gutherson or another player , the Dragons desperately need someone that is able to provide that spark in our back line and is also reliable under the high ball at fullback .

At some point our club needs to understand that , they cannot continue to go out buy inexpensive players whose shelf life have almost expired .

It is too late even now as I believe that most of the Dragons money has been budgeted out , however I believe that they must ask themselves the question - I wonder how many more years our club members will continue paying their yearly fees for mediocrity ?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And people complained about having Dufty at fullback..

Yes, Gunthermanbun does the 1%-ers..

At least dufty does the 99%-ers..

SBD82

Coach
I do understand what you are saying SBD82 , however I suppose what I was attempting to say is whether it is Gutherson or another player , the Dragons desperately need someone that is able to provide that spark in our back line and is also reliable under the high ball at fullback .

At some point our club needs to understand that , they cannot continue to go out buy inexpensive players whose shelf life have almost expired .

It is too late even now as I believe that most of the Dragons money has been budgeted out , however I believe that they must ask themselves the question - I wonder how many more years our club members will continue paying their yearly fees for mediocrity ?
I have some sympathy for your sentiments, but I just don’t see Gutho as the answer. I think he is the epitome of mediocrity.

I think that Gutho has a huge influence on the character of the Eels team. And they’re a team that has consistently shown an inability to go to the next level.

Admittedly their results have been better than ours, but we should be aiming higher than that.

BLM01

First Grade

What is wrong with Sloan Gazza
I see hopefully our future fullback right there
There is no one available anyway