What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

Exsilium

Coach
So, again, for the slow witted amongst the LU brigade, as exemplified by the above 2 boneheads, it is not a tribute band. It is a profesional production with professional musicians and professional singers.

I noticed dumb and dumber haven't proffered any act better than this, or any at all. I know one is an afl fan who won't be watching, the other I actually thought had a little bit of intelligence.

Woah! I thought we were friends! But I accept your views.

Here’s my explanation for my off the cuff remarks. I accept it’s a legitimate group, on the theatre stage, I’m sure they are great and I’m a big fan of the musical and theatre experience but this is a couple songs on a league field. The opportunity to light it up is impacted by the type of performance they’ll have to give, in the time they can give it.

I really want them to hit the nostalgic part of me and bring the house down. It would be great sitting in the stands but for television, they’ll cut half it out and lose the impact.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Here’s my explanation for my off the cuff remarks. I accept it’s a legitimate group, on the theatre stage, I’m sure they are great and I’m a big fan of the musical and theatre experience but this is a couple songs on a league field. The opportunity to light it up is impacted by the type of performance they’ll have to give, in the time they can give it.

I really want them to hit the nostalgic part of me and bring the house down. It would be great sitting in the stands but for television, they’ll cut half it out and lose the impact.
No worries, I got a bit heated and carried away, you're a good egg.

azza29

Juniors
If the job of the pre-match entertainment is to get the crowd hyped up, the cast of Tina is a sure bet. Multi-generational appeal, classic hits, and a connection to the legacy of the game.

Plus, since it’s basically a big ad for the musical there will be more budget for pyro!

Iamback

Coach

That last paragraph could be said about any act they get though.

My thoughts all in this thread is:

NRL fans will watch for the game.

The entertainment should be to try and get new people watching, Macklemore was a good attempt but the vast majority didn't know his songs.

This on the otherhand. Gets particularly the older people at home tuning in. Will have most League fans singing.

The bonus for me is working with TEG Dainty. Who brings talent out, Maybe make it a permanent thing and get bigger guys coming here in Oct instead of Nov-Feb as we get now

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm not sure who people want.

Anyone born last century they will complain that they are too old.
Anyone born this century they will complain they've never heard of them.
Anyone that hasn't played at a super bowl they will complain they're not high profile enough.
Anyone non Australian they will complain why can't we have an Australian.
Anyone who is Australian they will complain that they should have got a high profile overseas act.
Whoever they get there will b3 complaints that they don't like that genre of music
Then the usual yahoos will compare us to flogball.

Latest posts