What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi first to get life ban

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, pretty sad end for Willie's footy career. I have my views on whether or not they should be testing for dak, but the rules, as they are at the moment, are fairly clear.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
It sounds like you take the same stuff that your mate did.

thomas...why dont you choo choo outta here, but on the way out toot your horn!

ive certainly tried it back in the teen days, but not my thing. see no point in it, much like smoking ciggies.

ozbash

Referee
skinz is right, rules are rules, but what did Wendall get for cocaine ? 1-2 years ?

Lego_Man

First Grade
This isnt true justice.

He could have beaten up a guy in the street and got half a season. How does this justify a career destroyed?

How is cannabis performance enhancing?

If anything he should be commended if he can toke the green and play rugby league, it's really hard to do it. It does disable the players ability not enhance it.

Poor guy, unfair decision

Martli

Coach
How is cannabis performance enhancing?

If anything he should be commended if he can toke the green and play rugby league, it's really hard to do it. It does disable the players ability not enhance it.

Poor guy, unfair decision

No one has said it was performance enhancing, just that it is a banned substance. I'd say most recreational drugs aren't performance enhancing, they're still banned substances though and that's because they're illegal and thus their use supposedly brings the game in to disrepute. Note this is not my opinion or in line with what I personally believe, just the reasoning behind why some non-performance enhancing drugs are banned.

Substances have to meet 2 of 3 criteria to get banned. From the United States Anti-Doping Agency: http://www.usada.org/resources/faqs.aspx (under the "code" section)

Q: How does a substance or method get included on the WADA Prohibited List?
A: A substance or method will be considered for the WADA Prohibited List if the substance or method meets two of the following three criteria (none of the three criteria individually is sufficient to add a substance/method to the Prohibited List). 1. Medical or other scientific evidence, pharmacological effect or experience that the substance/method has the potential to enhance sports performance. 2. Medical or other scientific evidence, pharmacological effect or experience that the use of the substance/method represents an actual or potential health risk to the athlete. 3. WADA’s determination that the use of the substance/method violates the spirit of sport.

In this case it would be argued that Marijuana breaches 2 and 3. Although 3 is incredibly subjective the governing body would argue that breaking the law is against the spirit of sport.

I don't necessarily agree with this (especially in regards to Marijuana) but to fail three drug tests when you know it's a banned substance is stupid. No sympathy here.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He should have endangered others by drink driving or assaulted someone, they are allowed. But have a bong in your spare time, life.

Disgusting fascism.

TiggaPlease

This is ridiculous. Reni Maitua will be back in the NRL next year after testing positive to peformance enhancing drugs.

Seriously, a life ban for smoking weed?

Why are they even testing for weed?

I can understand testing for uppers, but weed? This really pisses me off.

skeepe

Immortal
This is ridiculous. Reni Maitua will be back in the NRL next year after testing positive to peformance enhancing drugs.

Seriously, a life ban for smoking weed?

Why are they even testing for weed?

I can understand testing for uppers, but weed? This really pisses me off.

Reni Maitua tested positive once. This guy tested positive 3 times.

He knew the rules, he continued to do it, nobody to blame but himself.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The rules are flawed, that is the point.

Iranian women who cheat deserve be stoned to death in your eyes skeepe?

They knew the rules........

Reni Maitua tested positive once. This guy tested positive 3 times.

Yeah but the test are outdated and the THC is left in your system for 3 months after usage (in some cases 6 months and 1 year within your hair)

So him being caught 3 times could in fact be the one case but since the testing is not up to scratch the guy gets banned for life

So in the NRL you gotta BEAT you wife, DRINK the piss and sh*t in the hotel room to keep your jersey. Have a smoke of Gods creation you get banned for life.

Patheic and funny at the same time. Weed usage does not deserve to have such a negative approach to it, better education is what's required.

Latest posts