What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiwi team

ozbash

Referee
The New Zealand Rugby League have named their squad to play Australia in Newcastle on Friday 23rd April.

1-D.Vaeliki
2-L.Vainakolo
3-N.Vagana
4-C.Toopi
5-F.Meli
6-S.Faumuina
7-T.Lueluewai
8-J.Cayless
9-R.Paul
10-N.Cayless
11-T.Puletua
12-J.Galuvao
13-R.Wiki

14-J.Seuseu
15-S.Williams
16-P.Whatuira
17-S.Kearney
18-F.Pritchard

E Lauaki and T Latu are on standby.

more to come soon.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Well I am floored. I'd like to know in which parallel dimension is Leulaui playing better than Stacey Jones???

This is a travesty. I know Jones isn't playing at his best, but I fail to see what form Leuluai has shown to better Jones and STEAL his test jersey.

And Ozbash, I'm sure James Leuluai isn't on the Kiwi selection board and DA had nothing to do with the process.

And who the hell is this Pritchard fella????

As you can tell folks, it wouldn't have been the Kiwi squad I'd pick. None too pleased about this one.

ripper

The only thing I can see gained from this test is Brett Kimmoraly adding a substantial amount to his test points tally

dazza

Staff member
has the aussie side been named?

the official word is, stacey made himself unavailable due to lack of form. :?

first time i`ve heard that used as an excuse. thomas is in his natural position. he is a halfback, not a standoff.

just look at the test last year, he played half back & carved.

toopi, meli & seu seu can count themselves lucky to be there. no form on the board at all!

jason cayless hasn`t played for 2 weeks due to injury. you would have to question his fitness to play a test match. don`t get me wrong, i`m glad he`s in, but as i said, fitness.

ruben & big joe will have a nervous wait.

personally i think paul rauhihi is very unlucky to miss the squad. big, tough & goes forward, unlike some others.

but hey, thats just my opinion.

cheers dazza

Rudolph

Juniors
Toopi-I can't believe he made the team and i'm a big Toopi fan. He must be in the worse form of his life.

Meli- He's just crap

Lueluewai - i can see why. We got no-one else

seu seu - Why?

D.Vaeliki - Look what happened last time.

I dont see Wiki playing not sure about Galuvao probably not.

Rauhihi Still in with a chance? I hope so.

ozbash

Referee
has the aussie side been named?

tonight sometime, 9-30(nz) at a guess

i,m not overly excited about this squad,

what does utai have to do ?
rauhihi is a form prop,solo huamono is playing better than seuseu.
jason cayless ? has he actually played at all this season ?
toopi should not be there, his form is not good enough for B/Cup.
where are the anderson bros?
stacey is still one of the best halves in the bussiness, he pulls on the kiwi jersey and is suddenly 7 foot tall.
asotasi ?????
willie tonga????
willie manu ????
tevita latu should be at #9 !!
koopu???
kylie lueluewai ???

only one i,m rapt to see get another go is steve kearney.

karmichael hunt can go and get f**ked as far as i,m concerned.

kiwi_man

Juniors
i reckon robbie paul at hooker is unusual as i dont see sione faumuina as a 5/8 and lauaki should get the nod on the bench because why do we need two centres in the likes of sonny and whatuira coz sonny can play in the back row aswell as the centres and if lauaki was there that would give us alot of go frward

dazza

Staff member
just got this from the panthers site

Australian Team for "Anzac Day Test"

Full team:
Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters)
Timana Tahu (Newcastle)
Matt Gidley (Newcastle)
Brent Tate (Brisbane)
Michael De Vere (Brisbane)
Darren Lockyer (capt, Brisbane)
Craig Gower (Penrith)
Shaun Timmins (St George-Illawarra)
Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta)
Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane)
Joel Clinton (Penrith)
Danny Buderus (Newcastle)
Shane Webcke (Brisbane)

Interchange: Trent Waterhouse (Penrith), Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane), Michael Crocker (Sydney Roosters), Luke Bailey (St George Illawarra).

ozbash, you read my mind on hunt, mate. what a loser.

cheers dazza

NZ Warrior

First Grade
From as much as I've heard, he has said that he is too young to play test footy. Fair enough, but I say when your country calls, you answer that call.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Richard Swain's side Hull isnt playing this weekend,I know lets select a teenager to play at halfback!Gee..Im glad im not a kiwi selector. :roll:

kiwi_man

Juniors
yeah these kiwi selectors are dumb as dog shit you would think they would no how to pick a half decent team. for example i cant imagine jason cayless to be fit enough for test footy and that goes for nigel vagana aswell yeah for sure he is a good player but he has only played 1 match this year, but i am really looking forward to leslie volcano smash michael de vere. oh well we can always hope for a kiwi victory but i think it is extremely unlikely :cry:

Skinner

Coach
OK...I think I have calmed down sufficiently enough to comment.

FFS...what the f*ck have they done. Meli, Toopi, Thomas...how many
freakin games has Pritchard had this season....Sonny Bill..great future
but he's had 5 NRL games...the best hooker this country is ever likely
to produce is going along to carry the bags..GGGGRRRRRRRR

It just goes on and on.....I give up. NPC is starting to look like a bloody
good option

Skinner #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

AliN

Live Update Team
Sorry Skinner, I haven't settled down enough ;-)

As they read out the team my heart sank.

Aussie will hammer us and desevedly so.

Jason Cayless not Rauhihi?
Jerry? FFS..
And like you I could go on but it's too depressing...

bayrep

Juniors
It does highlight the lack of games the selectors have NOT seen as they are not picking on form as they always state that they are.

The positive side is that guys like Meli, toopi may grow an extra leg when they pull on the black jumper and play themselves into form. We saw that happen at the end of last year when the kiwis kicked Aus butt the Warriors then went on to have a great run into the finals.

kiwi_man

Juniors
hahaha nice theory but petty the test was played after the season ended. the game that was played during the season was the one where we got flogged 46-6 :?