What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis

Meth

Staff member
Test v Tonga coming up. How is the team shaping up? Hopefully we can put a top team on the park to regain some credibility.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Maumalo
3- Whare
4- Manu
5- Isaako
6- Nikorima
7- Hughes
8- J. Bromwich
9- Smith
10- Warea-Hargreaves
11- Tapine
12- Harris
13- Liu

Res- Asofa-Solomona, Ah Mau, K. Bromwich, Levi

Scott

Bench
I'd be surprised if DWZ isn't in the team somewhere. He is the current captain. Having said that, i'd have RTS as captain.

Briton Nikora should be on the right edge. If SJ is fit he will be beside him.

Esan Marsters for Whare.

jaseg

Juniors
Probably thinking..
Taupau > KBrom/Ah Mau
Luai > Hughes/Levi
Marsters > Whare
Hiku/DWZ > Isaako

Actually, might have Hughes play wing over Isaako/Hiku, opening up the halves spot for Luai.

DWZ... hard to pick a guy playing this badly, even if he was the captain last year (though that was only because RTS wasn't there, let's be honest).

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’d be very surprised if Johnson missed out

DWZ will be in there for sure as mentioned above, as will Marty Taupau. My bolter would probably be Manase Fainu if he decides to come the kiwis way

jaseg

Juniors
I’d be very surprised if Johnson missed out

DWZ will be in there for sure as mentioned above, as will Marty Taupau. My bolter would probably be Manase Fainu if he decides to come the kiwis way

Is Johnson going to be fit? I assumed not.

Good call on Fainu (over Levi, obv)... who are NZ competing with there? Aus? Tonga?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is Johnson going to be fit? I assumed not.

Good call on Fainu (over Levi, obv)... who are NZ competing with there? Aus? Tonga?

I read that Johnson was a chance this week but more likely good to go next week

Yeah Fainu is eligible for us, Tonga and Oz, and I’m picking he has a decision to make within the next 2 weeks. And he will have Taupau in one ear and AFB in the other probably lol

JJ

Immortal
Test v Tonga coming up. How is the team shaping up? Hopefully we can put a top team on the park to regain some credibility.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Maumalo
3- Whare
4- Manu
5- Isaako
6- Nikorima
7- Hughes
8- J. Bromwich
9- Smith
10- Warea-Hargreaves
11- Tapine
12- Harris
13- Liu

Res- Asofa-Solomona, Ah Mau, K. Bromwich, Levi
Marty Taupau says hello... he's not walked away has he? A beast... just about the first prop picked IMO

Meth

Staff member
Good points all- so let me try again...

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Whare
4- Manu
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Johnson
8- J. Bromwich
9- Smith
10- Warea-Hargreaves
11- Tapine
12- Harris
13- Liu

Res- Asofa-Solomona, Taupau, K. Bromwich, Hughes

Scott

Bench
Taupau was dropped from the team for the 3rd test in england. Worth remembering.
He'd be in my team though.

Big Marn

Juniors
Is Whare playing that well? or is that pick on historical performances? If not Masters,surely theres another centre that we can pair with Manu out there we have forgotten about.

Meth

Staff member
Is Whare playing that well? or is that pick on historical performances? If not Masters,surely theres another centre that we can pair with Manu out there we have forgotten about.

I'm just a Whare fan tbh.

JJ

Immortal
Good points all- so let me try again...

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Whare
4- Manu
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Johnson
8- J. Bromwich
9- Smith
10- Warea-Hargreaves
11- Tapine
12- Harris
13- Liu

Res- Asofa-Solomona, Taupau, K. Bromwich, Hughes
Is Tapine fit?

I like Harawira Naera and Fisher Harris over Tapine, Liu, K Brom

But you're close, we have really good depth in the forwards

Meth

Staff member
I don’t think I have ever seen K Brom put in a bad game for the Kiwis

Burns

First Grade
How are you guys feeling about the Test vibe wise? Is this the start of a great annual tradition for the NZRl, or is it looking like a flop?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Whenua Blake available for Kiwis too? Every time I've seen Manly he, Taupau and Jake T have been awesome
He's been in crazy form this year. And thats not how you spell his name by the way.

K Brom is another one thats coming right this year IMO. He's obviously been good for the kiwis before but I think he can offer more now that he's in form.

Plenty to be excited about.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Whenua Blake available for Kiwis too? Every time I've seen Manly he, Taupau and Jake T have been awesome

Unfortunately he switched to Tonga after the World Cup, he may be considered the best front rower in the world in a year or 2

Reactions: JJ