What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KK and Mateo

Gronk

Staff member
Todays Telecrap quotes Ando saying that he will name the same 17 today, but have instructed Weller, KK & Mateo to all prepare to play on Sunday.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if they play I wont expect them to be named till just before the game

SDM

First Grade
Weller would be lucky to get a run at Wenty, surely he is kidding.

tresurehunt

Juniors
if they were fit to play id like to see them play 1 or 2 games for wenty first,kk's injury would not really stop him from training as much as metao's injury,so i expect kk to be pretty fit(but not match fit).

caylo

Bench
if they were fit to play id like to see them play 1 or 2 games for wenty first,kk's injury would not really stop him from training as much as metao's injury,so i expect kk to be pretty fit(but not match fit).

I think we will see both KK and Mateo run out for wenty this week and then come in off the bench next week with Benny and Kinga dropping off the bench.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just can't see DA changing a winning line up with blokes that have been sitting on the sidelines for 2 to 3 months..he's probably just psyching the team out with the comments.

Redback71

First Grade
only change i would make at the moment is Mateo onto the bench. But I think he and KK need at least 1 game under there belt first for Wenty.

Fee

Juniors
I cant see them playing this week, maybe Wenty. I wouldnt risk at the moment, we have been playing great with the same team on the field for the past 3 to 4 weeks, I cant see DA changing it now.

yy_cheng

Coach
I still think we can drop Wright for Mateo. Our go forward would not be affected as much. Defensively probably a bit though.

Most likely Kingston for KK.

It just goes to show you that you need different player types to be successful , like you could argue that Mateo and Keating are 100 times the players that Robson and Lowrie are but if it was my team i would keep Robson and Lowrie.

caylo

Bench
I still think we can drop Wright for Mateo. Our go forward would not be affected as much. Defensively probably a bit though.

Most likely Kingston for KK.

Wright is definatly playing prop during the game and if replaced him with Mateo we would disturb the structure alot more.

Mateo will prob come in off the bench after a week in wenty and would play similar minutes to Benny, then the week after I can see him starting in the backrow and playing aabout 60min at lock (similar to what Lowrie is doing now).

KK will be much the same IMO, prob start from the bench (after a week in wenty) and replace Robson after about 30min (similar to how Kinga would replace MK after about 30min) and allow MK to play the 80min. If KK is not being productive or MK needs a rest Robson can just come back on.

That would be the best way to deal with the situation without changing too much structure. Also the current game plan of looking for second phase play would suit KK more than Robson game (KK is a very good supporting halfback) and allows Mortimer to go what he does best on the edges. This will also allow Hayne to play as a hole runner and not worry too much about the creative duties, he could chime in as a second 5-8 as he sees fit.

Raudonikis

Juniors
It just goes to show you that you need different player types to be successful , like you could argue that Mateo and Keating are 100 times the players that Robson and Lowrie are but if it was my team i would keep Robson and Lowrie.

Seriously you are joking? taking the piss out of us?You can not be serious putting those 2 ahead of KK and mateo?If you ever had any credible comments you have totally lost it.

Raudonikis

Juniors
How awesome is parra going to be when we could have KK and Mateo on our bench in the run home,i believe DA will do this for a couple of weeks to give them match fitness then throw them into the side.I think he will even do that this week. seeing as they are supposed to be ready to go.