Klemmer?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Frank Facer, May 17, 2018.

1. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

Canterbury have to offload some players to be cap compliant next year. There is an article on Foxsports with Hindmarsh saying that Parra should go hard for Klemmer, I agree with Hindy. I think we should enter the race for Klemmer. It sounds like we are going to have to replace Ah Mau, Klemmer would be an upgrade. I know there would be a lot of competition for his signature, but I think we should be one of his suitors. Newcastle are another club who should be pursuing him too. Canterbury probably don't want to lose him, but they don't have many players who would be in high demand besides Klemmer or Mbye. I wonder where Mbye will end up?

ouryears and BBTB like this.
  2. West coast dragon

West coast dragon Bench

and the club has sir James as a recruiting tool too

3. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Klemmer is one of the best forwards in the NRL and I would be more than happy to pursue him. If LAM leaves, even more reason to jump. We have James Graham which is a massive plus in our favour too.

4. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

I was going to mention that James Graham could have quite word to Klemmer too.

BBTB likes this.
  5. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

Klemmer is the type of player that opposition players don't like playing against.

blacksafake, sco22 and BBTB like this.
  6. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

My order of preference would be

1 Pangai, as I think he has a better all round game and will be able to play big minutes, he is also quite young, but ready.

3 Taupau. I think he will be more suited to the 6 interchange rule than Klemmer. He has a good offload and is a powerful runner.

3 Klemmer, he is a beast. He is still only 24. He weighs around 120 kgs and props his size may become fewer with the reduced interchange.

4 Haas. He could turn out to be the best of the lot, but he is yet to prove himself. He already weighs 120 kgs and is only 18 years old, so he may get even heavier. He does look like he has a good motor and is very mobile for his size.

If we could get any one of those 4, I would be very happy with Millward.

7. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

You agree with Hindy? Who says Parra should sign him...

blacksafake and jak like this.
  8. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

Good player, but his price tag will be too high! Many of our forwards will face increase in salary once they reach Representative Origin level this series. It will be a juggle for Millward to balance the cap. So far he seems to be doing a decent job mixing experience with youth. We just need the coach to give the young talent more than 5 minutes game time.

9. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

They will not let him go anywhere why would they , there are other players that will be shown the door before Mr. Klemmer . Besides that would mean that they would have 'goodielocks ' Woods as the only remaining prop and who has lost even more of his ability since having his hair cut . It must be absolutely ' orrlble being a doggie fan at the moment !

10. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Woof Woof

Gareth67 likes this.
  11. Dr Fruitbasket Returns

Dr Fruitbasket Returns Juniors

A State of Origin player to replace a bench frontrower? That's not how we use our cap. And don't forget we're dead last in TPA payments. Whatever Ah Mau is getting now is already more than his replacement's going to get and it doesn't look like it's going to be enough to keep him. We can want who we want but we'll be buying a bloke who's on the fringe of someone else's first grade squad or a nailed on reserve grader and just hoping that Sele or Lawrie can be as good as Ah Mau next year.

12. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Not for me .....

ChargingPatJarvis likes this.
  13. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Why not just increase the offer to LAM?
    I get the talk he wants to start but that might happen with Graham shifting to a bench role down the track.
    My 2 cents.

ouryears and Coffs dragon like this.
  14. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

Ah Mau is from NZ. He started he career at the Warriors. He has just had a child and his parents and wife's parents both live in NZ, so the paper talk is the he would like to return home to NZ.

15. Saintsified

Saintsified Bench

Well if the get rid of Flo, anyone of them could play wing. :sunglasses:

16. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the desire to return to NZ but it makes sense I in that respect.

17. possm

possm First Grade

So it looks like Ah Mau is off to the Warriors. I would not be looking for a bench player to replace hm. For me it is a prop rotation of:
    Vaughan
    New top grade prop - maybe Klemmer
    Graham
    Haas

Gone are:
    Ah Mau
    Latimore
    Allgood

Frank Facer likes this.
  18. MilanDragon

MilanDragon Juniors

Possm do you still want us to sign Hasler? Look at the Dogs’ salary cap issues as a result of him. Dodged a bullet there!

If we can get Klemmer with the Dogs paying a chunk of his salary it’d be great! Apparently they are paying the majority of Graham’s too.

19. AyiosYiorgos

AyiosYiorgos Coach

Klemmer / Haas hope so but unlikely , who else would you try to get if ??

20. possm

possm First Grade

As with most clubs, the recruitment officer finds the players, the coach selects the one he wants and the CEO signs off on the deal taking into consideration the salary cap and the budget. The Dogs CEO stuffed up big time.

Every day of the week Hasler is a far better coach than Mary given that Mary has such stars backing him up like Millward, Coyne and Doust.