What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klitschko Vs Leapai

Danish

Referee
Well going ok the first round this fight won't last long unfortunately

:edit: well a few rounds in and Leapai looks a little better. Still just getting punched at will but he's taking the punishment a lot better than in the early rounds

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
.... And it's over.

Leapai finally threw one big right, Klitschko got a good look at it and then decided to end the fight promptly.

Steve Collins very critical of A Leapai on E'sport over here. Saying he and his trainers don't know what they're doing, not educated in boxing at all.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
it shows you how weak the HW division is, if Leapai could step into the ring against one of the greatest HW fighters this planet has seen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If you have not seen the Klitschko movie, download it, is a great story.

f**king tough boys.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Klitschko could have knocked this guy out in the first 10 seconds of the fight if he really wanted too,was just being kind to the punters making it go 5 rounds to give them some action for there money

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Leapai's a tryer but really doesn't belong anywhere near guys like the Klitschos, there's a world of difference between them. I reckon Joseph Parker (who won his fight on the undercard convincingly by TKO to go to 8-0-0 with 7 KOs) looks a far more realistic prospect, only 22 & looks like the real deal, power, technical skills, size (though he probably still needs to fill out a bit, but he has the height and reach), only issue is he seems to have a bit of a tendency to get cut, suffered a nasty one in his previous fight that sidelined him for a few months afterward.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Leapai's a tryer but really doesn't belong anywhere near guys like the Klitschos, there's a world of difference between them. I reckon Joseph Parker (who won his fight on the undercard convincingly by TKO to go to 8-0-0 with 7 KOs) looks a far more realistic prospect, only 22 & looks like the real deal, power, technical skills, size (though he probably still needs to fill out a bit, but he has the height and reach), only issue is he seems to have a bit of a tendency to get cut, suffered a nasty one in his previous fight that sidelined him for a few months afterward.

I hope so but I wouldn't get too excited about Parker yet. He's no more than a promising novice at this point. A win against Minto in his next fight would be a good win though as Minto is a decent B-level sort of guy. To beat a guy who beat Shane Cameron, this early in Parker's career, would be impressive.

As for his size, I don't know that he needs to "fill out" given he weighed in for his last fight at about the same weight as Klitschko fights at. 105-108kg is a good weight for him I'd say- he was actually bigger (i.e. tubbier) as an amateur and has mostly been fining down and getting lean to compete over 10-12 rounds. He's only a pretty average height for a top heavyweight so it's not like he'll be bringing a big height and reach advantage into most fights- look at him next to Klitschko

https://twitter.com/joeboxerparker/status/458863697679503360/photo/1

shiznit

Coach
I think Parkers very impressive... He's certainly not your regular NZ type fighter.

Doesn't have that natural one punch power of David Tua and to a lesser extent Shane Cameron.

But what he does have is blinding handspeed... It's almost un-natural for a HW.

He's also well polished too... Uses angles very well and his footwork and head movement is good on the whole.

One issue he has is his maturity... He seems to like to get in to stupid brawls with guys he should just dominate with his superior ring craft.

And Duco are bringing him along far, far too quickly... The kids had 8 fights... And he's fighting very experienced fighters.

He needs to pad his record a little... And look at different fighters...