What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 2021/22 Off-Season

Johns Magic

Referee
Randall will do the job I think. He works hard in defence and has some toe and skill. I think his distribution has been unfairly criticised and I suspect will improve regardless.

Luckily Brailey isn’t a playmaking hooker who’s impossible to replace in that respect. We will miss his leadership and his front-on defence on forwards but let’s hope others step up.

Let’s cross our fingers those other signings Toohey has alluded to come through. Bring on the season.

Jono078

Referee
Ok I want to put the question out there now..

Brailey is a big blow, more so for on-field efforts and leadership than playing ability I'd say.

If we falter and start losing and are towards the bottom of the ladder, what does this mean for AOB?

Is it it as simple as we miss the 8 he is fired?

I guess what I'm asking is what's your criteria for him being fired or keep his job?

aqua_duck

Coach
I think that was always the plan….at least now when he crabs across field…he can hopefully link up with Best or Gagai that should actually create something
he never passed the ball when he played in a position where passing is supposed to be one of the main aspects of the position but now you're expecting him to find a passing game as a middle forward.
To be honest I wasnt a fan of Watson as a middle forward and even less of a fan of Mann in that role. i understand with guys like Radley and Murray there seems to be this new craze for more mobile middle forwards but neitjer Watson nor Mann have the defence required. Guys like Radley and Murray might be smaller but they're defensively excellent and in the case of Radley you'd be best advised not running at him. I look at Mann and he literally possesses none of the traits of a middle forward

mozza91

Coach
Ok I want to put the question out there now..

Brailey is a big blow, more so for on-field efforts and leadership than playing ability I'd say.

If we falter and start losing and are towards the bottom of the ladder, what does this mean for AOB?

Is it it as simple as we miss the 8 he is fired?

I guess what I'm asking is what's your criteria for him being fired or keep his job?
I think he keeps his job for 2023 unless we fall into a spectacular Brisbane 2020 like heap.

He’s got a pass mark for his first 2 years with us. If he can get us to the finals again with a weaker squad and minus Brailey it’s a huge pass mark for me.

Old dog

Juniors
All this doom and gloom, injuries, lack of signings in key positions, need a half, hooker, 2nd row and depth to cover the injuries we will obviously get.
Come our 2nd win in round 15 we will all be happy that Brailey is back and we have a chance of avoiding the spoon be it ever so slight

Latest posts