What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 2021/22 Off-Season

Old dog

Juniors
So have we signed him, is it a full contract allowing him to play firsts, is that it done for any local No9 to be considered, not sure if it’s good or bad but doesn’t change my mind re 2 signing to cover 6, 7 & 9, still need 2 but he might do as a backup

Johns Magic

Referee
If Hodgson was ready, why isnt he considered for 5/8 then? Reece Walsh played there last year for a few games too and if Bailey is the equal to Reece like everyone is speculating then it should be a no brainer

That’s like saying Slater should have been able to switch to 5/8 because Lockyer did.

Jono078

Referee
I never compared him to Walsh. I just said assuming he has the ability to have a similar impact as Walsh in his rookie year. You actually brought up Walsh lol.

It's all probably a moot point because as you said, there doesn't seem to be any chatter about us going in that direction.

Halfback will be Clune or Crossland and that's it. Whether AOB has any contingency plans past that, who knows. I'm sure The Mann will be next on the depth chart - for all spine positions.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I hope Bailey is nothing like Walsh TBH. I want to see him be the best Hodgson we have yet seen. If he is better than his uncle at peak then we have hit a homer. Cos my real hope is footy brain is better than his physical talents. Cos god knows we lack footy IQ.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Slightly off topic…. At what point do we just follow UKs lead and just scrap all restrictions and just live with it….most of us are vaccinated now

Jono078

Referee
Tough one to answer.

Personally, that's what I would like. Everyone's had the chance to be fully vaccinated now so let's carry on with life and if you get sick then just stay home for 5 days or until symptoms disappear?

What happens if this happens during the season? Will we have to forfeit? Will we have games rescheduled mid-week?

They really need to put some thing in place otherwise it's going to be a messy season.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah based on what’s happened so far in pre-season, 2022 has got disappointment written all over it. I can’t help but feel like we will be underdone when the season starts.

Burwood

Bench
Compared to any other season we’ve experienced, this one will be where luck is the main determinate of who wins the premiership. Which players get covid, how many games will be rescheduled etc.

Look at the Newcastle Jets- they’ll have to average a game every 4 days to finish the regular season in time, and that’s after they haven’t played a match since mid December.

I never compared him to Walsh. I just said assuming he has the ability to have a similar impact as Walsh in his rookie year. You actually brought up Walsh lol.

It's all probably a moot point because as you said, there doesn't seem to be any chatter about us going in that direction.

Halfback will be Clune or Crossland and that's it. Whether AOB has any contingency plans past that, who knows. I'm sure The Mann will be next on the depth chart - for all spine positions.
Comment wasn't directed at you bro. Hodgson - Walsh comparison has been in a few places lately and I just wanna see the kid develop before he's deep ended

Knight76

Juniors
Compared to any other season we’ve experienced, this one will be where luck is the main determinate of who wins the premiership. Which players get covid, how many games will be rescheduled etc.

Look at the Newcastle Jets- they’ll have to average a game every 4 days to finish the regular season in time, and that’s after they haven’t played a match since mid December.

But when can the NRL reschedule games. Players can't play a mid week game and still be up for the next one. Soccer takes a much smaller toll on the body.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Dobbo on Brisbane Triple M is reporting that Milford is an absolute lock to play for knights this year

Even though knights denied it yesterday

Jono078

Referee
As I’ve said previously, I’m not against it.

We are thin on depth and he is low risk, high reward, potentially.

Mark my words, no fullback will be excited to play us if we’ve got the Milf and Clifford bombing them. Two of the best in the game at it IMO… We’ve come a long way from the Mullen and Pearce uncontested-placement “bombs”.

Latest posts