What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

knights awards night

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Buderus Reigns on Knight of Nights

Friday, October 08, 2004 - Newcastle Knights

Knights skipper, and newly crowned Kangaroo vice captain Danny Buderus, picked up the major awards at the club’s annual Telstra Country Wide presentation in front of over 700 guests at the majestic Civic Theatre tonight.

Buderus added the club’s player’s player of the year and player of the year award to his Dally M medal to cap off a stellar 2004.

The Rising Star award was accepted by Todd Lowrie, George Carmont received the Coach’s Award and Clubman of the Year went to the Knights highest point scorer and top try scorer, Kurt Gidley.

Speaking at the ceremony, Buderus said he felt humbled to have received the accolades of his team-mates and coach.

“This has just been an amazing week,” he said.

“To have been named vice captain of the ‘Roos and then to pick up these awards has been quite unbelievable. I couldn’t be happier.

Among a host of highlights, football icon, Reg Reagan performed his hit single “Am I ever gonna see the Biff again” before providing the assembled throng with his unique Rugby League philosophies.

Former Knights legends, Paul Harragon, Matt Johns, Tony Butterfield and Marc Glanville were amongst the guest presenters at the gala evening.

Premier League player’s player went to Dane Tilse who was named in the Junior Kangaroos this week, while the player of the year went to Luke Quigley.

Major sponsors Telstra Country Wide kicked off proceedings with a cheque presentation of $45,000 to Club Captain Andrew Johns.

good to see danny get players player and player of the year... he really deserved it.

who would you have given the awards to if you dont agree with who won.
[/quote]

northey

First Grade
Would Newton or Quinn have been in contention for the Rising Star award?

i know that in the past quinn has got the coaches award and they used to have rookie of the year for FG and he got that when he was 19

big congrats to danny well done, and todd really deserves that award! :clap: :clap:

Petero won our player of the year! go big petero, hes so underated.

But yeah for Knights, its a pretty foregone conclusion that buderus would win, he won the dally m lol. oh well, well done buderus even tho you SUCK!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Well done to the boys and Buderus :clap:
I wish I could have gone... I hate not having money.... bloody exhibitions :lol:

Risa

Bench
I went last night, was sitting up the top with my cheapo seats haha. There weren't really many people there, not that I'm surprised. Most of the boys weren't there, pretty dissapointing turnout!

Joey and Matty were there, went up to them afterwards. They were drunk as! I actually got a pretty cool photo, one where Joey is looking at the camera...and SMILING! I've never seen him look as if he was enjoying himself so much, signing autographs and everything.

For all those Reg fans out there - got a pic of him doing his stuff singing Bring Back the Biff.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I didn't take my camera last yr and regreted it.
Hopefully I will have the money to go next yr. How said is it that I can't afford $30 :cry:
Glad you had a good night though Risa.

Risa

Bench
Oh and btw, their off season trip was to Mexico. How rude, I wasn't invited lol.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Joey and Matty were there, went up to them afterwards. They were drunk as! I actually got a pretty cool photo, one where Joey is looking at the camera...and SMILING! I've never seen him look as if he was enjoying himself so much, signing autographs and everything.

matty had probably drunk a carton of KB
i wish i hadve gone :(
can you post the pics?

Risa

Bench
Okies will do, I'll set it up this afternoon and post the site for you guys!