What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights keen to sign Horo.

Forty20

First Grade
All i can say is what i am told if this info i gave you all isnt right i shall apologise

No need to apologise eelsta, we all appreciate the fact that you choose to share such information with us in the first place. Contract negotiations are a fickle matter, especially when the Knights seem pretty keen to nab him.

Keep up the ace work.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The only nagging query i have, is, are the recruitment and retention decisions being made by him, or some other plodder. I hope for DA's sake, it is him. If it not, he is on a hiding to nothing.

well he wasn't at the meeting with Cooper. i think that says something

IIRC when Ossie was first appointed CEO i seem to recall him saying the first thing he did was get on the phone to Tahu

story http://www.nrl.com/tabid/10874/newsId/55986/Default.aspx

Last edited:

DeanPay98

Juniors
Guys, dont get histerical about players coming and going. If players are leaving us for more money elsewhere, i can be pretty sure that they are being paid over what DA thinks they are worth. I am ok with losing those players.

No matter how many players we lose, we will sign others to replace them.

Finally, DA will get a season with the players that he wants, and then, and only then, should his success or failure be judged.

I trust DA judgement.

The only nagging query i have, is, are the recruitment and retention decisions being made by him, or some other plodder. I hope for DA's sake, it is him. If it not, he is on a hiding to nothing.

If it was DA's judgment alone I'd trust that. But I think that the problem is that as others have said, DA isn't free to sign who he wants. There's a bit of interference going on.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
In other news, Parramatta rookie Justin Horo is believed to be leaning towards re-signing with the Eels rather than accepting an offer to join the Knights for the next three seasons. Horo's father, former New Zealand international Mark Horo, said yesterday the 23-year-old had received a ''very attractive offer'' from Newcastle, and was weighing up a ''very tough decision''.

The 190-centimetre, 100-kilogram forward has not missed a game since making his NRL debut against Wests Tigers in round three.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-up-with-referee-cummins-20100819-12s18.html

muznik

Juniors
I hope Justin's heart & family influence over rules his Manager's.
It would be nice if Parra could increase their offer a little to ensure he stays.
I like the look of this kid!

Noname36

First Grade
Knights are very confident of getting Horo, hope he stays here.

I wouldn't worry too much mate. We were confident of getting J. Smith too, and he signed with the Sharks. Luckily neither Smith nor Horo were players most of us were busting to see signed...missing out on LOD at the final hour was disappointing though.

I wouldn't worry too much mate. We were confident of getting J. Smith too, and he signed with the Sharks. Luckily neither Smith nor Horo were players most of us were busting to see signed...missing out on LOD at the final hour was disappointing though.
and we were confident of getting Barrett, Cronk, Kimmorley, Orford and Taiakui, and resigning KK. So far we have Zero. Your club are looking like better administors than us at present.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If memory serves me right, I can recall that back in the day Mark Horo rejected the Knights as well and signed for Parramatta.

I for one was very happy when i was told.

Always rated Mark Horo.

he went on to play for wests then warriors though :oops:

yy_cheng

Coach
btw, it was revealed a few weeks ago that hindy is actually our lock but likes the #11.

Mateo is a left side 2nd rower and Benny the right side.

Justin will most likely stay with the Eels and we have no issue with that. It was an offer and that is all. Signing players is getting more difficult each year as they are just happy to have a contract nowadays that is close to home and family. I must admit though I would never wager us at present over the eels to sign anyone. Parra are one hell of an attractive proposition. Can't believe your board want Ando out though. I rate him very highly. DO these people not realise that Ando has made a grand final with every single club he has coached at senior level? Every one! St Helens, Warriors and you guys.

haven't heard anything else from my knights source will not likely before mid next week so wait and see but he was very confident.