What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Land Gagai

Spot On

Coach
Hard to make a case supporting our recruitment tbh. At this stage, the results certainly do not indicate we have climbed very far from the bottom of the ladder.

We have a dream run home to end the regular season, playing 5 of our 6 games against bottom 8 sides.

Time for our quality recruits to step up.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Our roster has some issues, but it isn't why we play like shit every weekend. There's a deeper rot at the club that's been there a long time. You can get a lot more out of this roster.

Woosh

Head Moderator
My biggest issue with Gagai apart from his many deficiencies as a player is the way he literally phoned in so many games for us. It wasn't just his last season. There's not much ticker in him and a bit of heart is what the club needs.

You should listen Barry Toohey’s poddy he did with Daniel Saifiti.
They were discussing how there were lack of a front row leader and leaders in general at the club when he started playing first grade in 2016.
The only two players he mentioned he could look up to during that time was Jeremy Smith and Dane Gagai.
After they both left he had no one he recalls.

Mullen, Snowden, Tariq Sims, and Hodkinson were all part of the 2016 squad.
They should’ve been the leaders at the club during that time.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
You should listen Barry Toohey’s poddy he did with Daniel Saifiti.
They were discussing how there were lack of a front row leader and leaders in general at the club when he started playing first grade in 2016.
The only two players he mentioned he could look up to during that time was Jeremy Smith and Dane Gagai.
After they both left he had no one he recalls.

Mullen, Snowden, Tariq Sims, and Hodkinson were all part of the 2016 squad.
They should’ve been the leaders at the club during that time.

I find it difficult when you post actual good content. Welcome change.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Our business dealings with these players has been overall much improved compared to years gone by. There is serious depth issue in this competition right now, and it means you only sign if you know you are getting a better outcome. It is the style of footy we play which is the other big issue. I really hope O’Brien finds a way to make our attack
More fluent in the off season. I really do not care where it stems from. Just a conscious effort by these players to rip up what they know and start again under the new rules. Leave the scoreboard completely out of the equation.

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
Oof... this club never learns does it?

Marginally better than when he left but now in his twilight years and quite often an absolute embarrassment defensively.
Reports Manu is looking for million a season for his next contract.
A million for a player that is worst defensively than Gagai.

Attachments

• CE9B2D97-0ED1-4222-9F14-EEA263C03676.jpeg
    CE9B2D97-0ED1-4222-9F14-EEA263C03676.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18

Spot On

Coach
Dane Gagai - the only player in 71 years to let his opposite score 6 tries around, through and over him.

Now there’s a record!

Loved the Fox Sport tribute piece to Addo-Carr and the Gagai ‘oh f*ck’ reactions every time Josh burnt him. The memorabilia piece that went with it was gold. I hope Dane saw the funny side of it and signed it.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I just did a search of Spot On’s from past 4 years.
72.1% of all his post were all about the great man even though he hasn’t even been at Newcastle LOL
Someone’s obsessive 🥰

Attachments

• 77684D52-06E2-45CF-A8F2-8162B63AEC2D.jpeg
    77684D52-06E2-45CF-A8F2-8162B63AEC2D.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 9

Jono078

Referee
Joey Leilua played this year so you could say he's "active".

Amazing how much a team can change in 8 years. You'd think you'd have a few players still going around but that was an older team. It was primed to do things that year.

Just looked at stats from that game... Our backs were HUGE with runs and metres.. We really need to get some strong wingers.

1​
Darius Boyd
17​
190​
2​
Kevin Naiqama
13​
167​
3​
Dane Gagai
21​
176​
4​
Joseph Leilua
15​
167​
5​
Akuila Uate
12​
132​

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Joey Leilua played this year so you could say he's "active".

Amazing how much a team can change in 8 years. You'd think you'd have a few players still going around but that was an older team. It was primed to do things that year.

Just looked at stats from that game... Our backs were HUGE with runs and metres.. We really need to get some strong wingers.

1​
Darius Boyd
17​
190​
2​
Kevin Naiqama
13​
167​
3​
Dane Gagai
21​
176​
4​
Joseph Leilua
15​
167​
5​
Akuila Uate
12​
132​
Shows how much Old Wayne put everything into those years and left us with retiring players and no young experience after he left.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Gags had a good game tonight (prelim) for the Bunnies.
Enthusiastic and involved.
Will be good experience for us if we can make semis again next year.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I hope we all put our differences aside and get behind Dane and Souths this week.
I am thinking of having a bbq at mine (not the James Maloney type) and some pre drinks before the game.
Just gathering numbers at the moment.
Feel free to dm me if you are interested :)

Latest posts