What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Land Gagai

Gagai is clearly strongest on the left

Question is do we play him there and move Best to the right? Leave Best and move Gags to the right? Move Best to 2nd row?

Woosh

Head Moderator
Gagai is clearly strongest on the left

Question is do we play him there and move Best to the right? Leave Best and move Gags to the right? Move Best to 2nd row?

Gagai has to play left centre.
I would play Best inside of him.
Hunt/Young/Lee on the right

Statistically Gagai was the best attacking centre in the NRL this year.

B7A8F4EC-9A14-4F1F-AE1F-5D7393E19C1E.png

www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com

The One Pass Run stat shows he also takes a lot of the tough carries that a lot of centres like to avoid.

Jono078

Referee
I daresay that's where Gagai might help us the most, doing the tough strong runs out of our own end.

I think some of those stats are padded and he's assisted by what the halves set up for him, but still he does well to capitalize on situations now.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I think some of those stats are padded and he's assisted by what the halves set up for him, but still he does well to capitalize on situations now.

Gagai set up as many for Walker than Walker did for him.

Walker -

4557FB68-A0D7-43F7-8ED4-137E35B1490C.gif

Reynolds -

D49C9A61-7B2F-4C86-B5BB-8766B6838A53.gif

Spot On

Coach
Knights fans will be watching our gun centre’s stats very closely with double digit tries and try assists a sure thing this season and a major part of the revamp to our attack and F/A.

South Sydney fans on the other hand will be acutely aware that they will struggle for points down their left edge now that their main man has moved to Newcastle. Can’t see Alex Johnson getting many meat pies in 2022 without a world class centre on his side of the park.

That said, I doubt South’s or Newcastle fans will have to live through Addo-Carr scoring 6 tries around one of their backs this year. Only happens once every 71 years - thank f**k!!!

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
According to South Sydney fans they are going to miss Gagai more than Reynolds.

7FBCBDEA-6E39-4984-AEF2-0C072866B07A.jpeg

Spot On

Coach
Oh, absolutely no doubt that South’s will be much worse off losing a winger than their halfback, captain, goal kicker (one of the best ever) and one of the best, most consistent general play kicking games any side has had the past decade.

Playing into the line as Reynolds does is totally over rated too.

As said, Alex Johnson will be lucky to get to double figures on the try scorers list in 2022 without Gags there.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Gees this winger you keep referring to had the most try assists out of any winger or center in the nrl this season 🥲

Spot On

Coach
… and he most definitely will have in 2022 as well, won’t he?

You forgot to add he also let in the most tries (six) in one game for the past 71 years!!! 😂

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
G’Day Spot!!!

You edited your last message a million times 🥲🥲🥲

Someone is obviously worked up 🥲

It’s quiet sad for the last 4 years you have posted more in the Souths forum than the Knights forum trying to convince their fans how bad Gagai was.
You get more enjoyment out of that than the Knights winning.

I don’t want to derail this thread.
So if you want to discuss this further, you can hop on my live stream.
Happy to stream it to the LU community.

Come on Spot!!! Don’t be a dog!!! Hop on!!

Spot On

Coach
Oh we’re in all the way baby!!!

How could we derail the thread when pointing out the obvious re Super Gags????

Expecting double digit tries and try assists from our gun centre (at the very least) - no excuses. The stats are telling us all he was South’s main man and he will definitely be ours too. No doubt.

Absolutely no waving in opposite numbers for up to 6 tries a match either. No way Jose!

In the leagues very best centre we trust.

Go Dane you good thing!

Jono078

Referee
This is a strange thread. I feel like the arguments are at both extremes.. Gagai is utter rubbish and Gagai is the best centre.

He's good - that's it. He's upgrade and I'm happy to have him here if he can play like he has done so for Souths.

Knight Tales

Juniors
He was absolutely outstanding last season. Any other argument is garbage. The fact he genuinely wants to be here can only speak for his character. He will
Lead the backs and frankly he should absolutely roast anyone who is not putting in. He will also not back down if opponents are roughing it up.

Rod

Bench
This is a strange thread. I feel like the arguments are at both extremes.. Gagai is utter rubbish and Gagai is the best centre.

He's good - that's it. He's upgrade and I'm happy to have him here if he can play like he has done so for Souths.

Yep this is it. He's an upgrade on what we had and we desperately needed some attacking creation that doesn't come from Ponga. If Gagai can provide that then I'm happy to put up with the inevitable defensive lapses.