What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

Johns Magic

Referee
Don’t think there is a thread for this stuff, but I never seem to know where to post lower grade comments at the moment so I’ll start one up.

For everything from NSW Cup down.

Johns Magic

Referee
I notice Zane Camroux is suddenly back at the Tigers.

He was (is) a pretty highly rated young half we pinched from the Tigers a year or two back. Only 19 now and was starting in NSW Cup for us last season, as well as playing Flegg.

He played Round 1 in Flegg for us this season. Next week Round 2 he was playing against us for the Tigers.

He looks like a couple of seasons off first-grade physically but I had the impression he was being given a path to first-grade so I’m surprised he’s gone, especially when we don’t really have any other true 7’s in NSW Cup.

Johns Magic

Referee
David Armstrong, who we signed from Toowoomba after a ripper 2021 season where he scored 38 tries, is having his first game in Flegg tomorrow.

20 years old, looks a classic fullback with support play and swerve. Needs some muscle. Keen to see how he goes.

The article says we’ve signed him for three years, with this year expecting to be in Flegg but the next two in the NRL squad.

Article: https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-chronicle-8992/20211111/282170769388359

2021 highlights:

Jono078

Referee
Awesome, thanks for creating the thread and providing some insights!

I remember watching Camroux a little last year thinking he looked quite good.

It's been a while since I've been excited about young talent coming through, but with the addition of Zammit and Wests coming on board and transforming us into a legit club I feel we are primed to get the best out of our young talent over the next 5 or so years. Definitely exciting times ahead.

slotmachine

First Grade
Only basing this on what I've read or heard, but seems a big shift this year in terms using the junior teams for first grade development rather than actually trying to outright win the various comps.

Good move IMO.

Johns Magic

Referee
Only basing this on what I've read or heard, but seems a big shift this year in terms using the junior teams for first grade development rather than actually trying to outright win the various comps.

Good move IMO.

Barry Toohey a few weeks ago said our Harold Matts coach Tim Ryan (brother of Andrew) quit after Round 1, because Brennan was overruling him on team selections to make it a development side.

slotmachine

First Grade
Yeah it's nice for the kids to win, but no one outside their friends and family cares at the end of the day.

I'd rather get 1 or 2 genuine first graders a year out of the system and run last in the junior comps

Jono078

Referee
Barry Toohey a few weeks ago said our Harold Matts coach Tim Ryan (brother of Andrew) quit after Round 1, because Brennan was overruling him on team selections to make it a development side.
Geez, don’t like the sound of that. Ideally you want all coaches on the same page and trust what they do with their team aligns with the clubs goals.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah it's nice for the kids to win, but no one outside their friends and family cares at the end of the day.

I'd rather get 1 or 2 genuine first graders a year out of the system and run last in the junior comps

I’d have to know the details to take a side in the argument. Overall I agree that we should be putting the right prospects in the right spots in terms of their path to first grade, but the pure development mindframe can stifle club spirit a bit I think.

Yosh

Coach
David Armstrong, who we signed from Toowoomba after a ripper 2021 season where he scored 38 tries, is having his first game in Flegg tomorrow.

20 years old, looks a classic fullback with support play and swerve. Needs some muscle. Keen to see how he goes.

The article says we’ve signed him for three years, with this year expecting to be in Flegg but the next two in the NRL squad.

Article: https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-chronicle-8992/20211111/282170769388359

2021 highlights:

If that's the highlights from 2021, why does it look and sound like it's from 2009? Lol.

aqua_duck

Coach
i can understand why thered be a conflict, Tim Ryan I assume is a young coach trying to work his way up, having a losing record in harold mats with a club that that traditionally does very well at that level isnt great for the resume

Jono078

Referee
Just watched the Jersey Flegg highlights (starts 5:42) and I thought the #7 showed some nice hands!

Looked up the team lists and turns out the #7 is a Buderus... Is it Danny's kid?

The #10 also got a couple of tries and looked strong.

Always good to beat the young Panthers too - we won 24-6.

drizzy drake

Juniors
Just watched the Jersey Flegg highlights (starts 5:42) and I thought the #7 showed some nice hands!

Looked up the team lists and turns out the #7 is a Buderus... Is it Danny's kid?

The #10 also got a couple of tries and looked strong.

Always good to beat the young Panthers too - we won 24-6.
Nah it’s his nephew

PhilGould

Bench
1. McKenzie Baker
2. Edrick Lee
3. Heath Gibbs
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Brayden Musgrove
18. Floyd Tighe
7. Dylan Phythian (C)
15. Daniel Ticehurst
9. Luke Huth
10. Pasami Saulo
8. Mat Croker
12. Wyatt Shaw
13. Simi Sasagi

11. Ben Talty
14. Brock Gardner
16. Liam Wiscombe
19. Honeti Tuha

22. Lachlan Williams

No Hoy
Never seen Croker play second-row before, probably not a coincidence it's happening now

PhilGould

Bench
Down 12-10 at halftime, tries to Heath Gibbs and Edrick Lee
Sasagi probably our best so far but no real standouts
Saulo played the whole half at prop
Croker went off for a HIA
Musgrove looks out of his depth even at this level