What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

aqua_duck

Coach
So Sharpe, Votano, De Courcey would be our top NRL prospects?
On face value yes but Votano and De Courcey have played mostly SG Ball with a sprinkling of Flegg. In the past decade or so we’ve had decent age grade prospect but we’ve done a pretty terrible job in terms of bringing them through from age grade footy to NSW cup.
The past 7-8 years there’s been probably close to a dozen players who’ve made junior rep teams (Aust schoolboys, junior kiwis, under 17s and 19s origin, etc) and haven’t kicked on.

Old dog

Bench
Thought that was the whole idea of development contracts, player with potential on contract to develop.
Our recent years have failed to deliver much if any significant player with most going elsewhere.

Old dog

Bench
I was thinking that Pryce was most likely to debut when season is done, can’t make the 8 or can’t miss, don’t like the idea of putting him in on a must win game

Old dog

Bench
Would you rather cogger keep getting picked?

no game is easy, but the next few are at least winnable, would rather give him a shot now
Understand what your saying, he should have been tried earlier, like round 10-12 not now, hope he goes well if picked, me I would rather try Crosslands at 6, energetic, big boot, strong tackler

aqua_duck

Coach
Best, Croker, Crossland, Sharpe, Saifiti bros, Jones

The fruits of our jnr system over the last 5-7 years

Should be double that number
Saifiti bros didn’t even come through our junior pathways, they were scouted as 18 year olds playing Ron Massey cup for Entrance and that was a good 10 years ago now. Best and Crossland are the only regular first graders to come out of our junior pathways the past 5-7 years 😒😒

Saifiti bros didn’t even come through our junior pathways, they were scouted as 18 year olds playing Ron Massey cup for Entrance and that was a good 10 years ago now. Best and Crossland are the only regular first graders to come out of our junior pathways the past 5-7 years 😒😒
Astonishingly poor. Epic. Biblical. Parramatta bad.

Everything they say " we have the best fans, blah blah blah" . The club doesnt give a rats about the fans.

Management are quite obviously happy to make up the numbers and that attitude makes its way to the players - just happy to play first grade.

Yosh

Coach
Haven't we produced a couple that went to other clubs? Hudson Young? I'm sure I've heard plenty about Cessnock something junior playing for somewhere else in the NRL.

aqua_duck

Coach
Haven't we produced a couple that went to other clubs? Hudson Young? I'm sure I've heard plenty about Cessnock something junior playing for somewhere else in the NRL.
Yep Young played SG Ball and was quite decent but got banned for almost 2 years for an over the counter supplement and the raiders swooped in.
Credit to the raiders they’ve done a really good job poaching gun juniors the last few years.
The team that lost to the tigers today I’m pretty sure only Nick Cotric and Seb Kris are locals