What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights NSW Cup Thread

Figured a dedicated thread would be good.
We are doing well despite having players step up to the NRL to fill in.
Currently at 5th out of 11 on 17 points.
Penrith are streaks ahead at first on 28 points.
Chance to make the finals for us. Some promising possible NRL talent in the making.

PhilGould

Bench
The club's gamble to go without an u/21's team this year seems to be working better than most thought.

The players I think have a realistic chance of debuting this season now that all squad members are eligible:

Bailey Hodgson (fullback)
The hype surrounding him seemed to be more focused on his attack, but he's started slow on that front. His positioning and effort defensively has been very impressive and he gets through a lot of tough work for someone his size. He'll play NRL this year.

McKenzie Baker (5/8, fullback, wing)
Came from the Roosters as a small fullback/wing who was probably expecting to play a lot of local league, but injuries gave him his shot early and hasn't looked like being dropped since. Since Hodgson got on the field he's moved full time into the halves and gone from strength to strength. Probably unlikely he plays this year but I think he'll be around for a few more.

Dylan Lucas (centre, wing)
Just had a 4 try game including 2 long-range solo efforts. Not as big as Brayden Musgrove but actually puts in effort. With our outside back depth the way it is I don't think he'd be far off.

Jirah Momoisea (prop, second row)
Finally back on the field after basically 2 years off. He's in the top squad and has been named in the extended team often so must be close. Always decent, rarely a standout.

Krystian Mapapalangi (centre, 5/8)
Just joined the Knights from Manly where he was one of the best Jersey Flegg players in the comp. Already training full time with the top squad but has only played 2 games so far, and went off early in the last one.

Dan Ticehurst (prop)
A tall, lanky, angry prop in the young Klemmer mold

Old dog

Juniors
This is excellent thread and with restricted tv time we need to know a bit about potential players

The players I think have a realistic chance of debuting this season now that all squad members are eligible:
Then we've got Sisagi who has debuted and must be knocking on the door for another NRL start.
He finishes well but defence might be an issue.
I think he was at 5/8 last game.

Old dog

Juniors
Would like to see Ticehurst, Baker and Lucas get at least a dev contract next season and am thinking Crocker gets a full contract

Yosh

Coach
I've only seen one full game of NSW Cup but I would still have Hodgson over Hoy as Ponga's deputy for the rest of the year.